Did you mean: 

Community platform bugs, issues and suggestions

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

This topic is a place where we will keep the community updated about the status of any issues or bugs affecting the community platform that we are aware of and have reported. We will keep an up to date tracker of what the issue is, when it was first reported, the current status and the latest update. This will enable you to easily check if something you've noticed has already been flagged. 

How do I report a new issue or bug I've encountered on the community? 

We would like you to use this topic to report any new bugs or issues that you come across so we can add them to the tracker. To do this simply report the issue in the comments and tag in the community team so we can update the top post with any new issues. Please include as much detail as possible when reporting a new issue and where possible include the following: 

• The Date and time you first noticed the issue 
  • A detailed description of what the issue is and how it's affecting your user experience 
  • If applicable include the URL of where you encountered the issue 
  • The web browser and operating system you are using 
  • If applicable a screenshot of the issue 

The above information will help us and the support team properly identify the issue and get working on a fix. 

How do I check the status of an issue that has been reported? 

At the bottom of this post you will see a list of all the active and recently resolved issues. The current status of the issue, along with the most recent update with be shown there. If you have a new question or more information about an open issue please post it in the comments of this topic. 

You can also use this topic to make requests or suggestions for new features or changes to how the community platform works! Please bear in mind that making changes can often take time and some requests won't be possible for various reasons but that said we would really appreciate your insights on how to improve the community interface and will aim to implement changes where possible. We will track any suggestions below the issues. 

Thanks for your patience while we work the outstanding issues and for your help reporting and testing. 

Issue: Your own posts showing in the unread message page

Date reported : 26/08/21

Latest update: 20/04/22 - The engineering team are currently working on a resolution to the bug causing this issue. 

Issue: Unread posts taking you to the OP and not the unread post

Date reported : 26/08/21

Latest update: 20/04/22 - The engineering team are currently working on a resolution to the bug causing this issue. 

Issue: Customer survey pop-up frequency and drop to bottom of the webpage

Date reported: 04/01/22

Status: Cause of the issue identified and waiting on a fix 

Latest update: 15/03/22 - The engineering team are currently working on a resolution to the bug causing this issue

Issue: Post flooding error message when attempting to post some messages

Date reported: 13/04/22

Latest update: 26/05/22 - A bug fix update has been deployed and the issue has been resolved. 

Issue: Add video button not appearing 

Date reported: 20/04/22

Latest update: 19/05/22 - The cause of this issue is still being investigated   

Issue: Security check message when logging into the community 

Date reported: 06/05/22

Latest update: 08/09/22 - The security check message will no longer appear when logging into the community. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 147
146 REPLIES 146

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Now that's a good idea 👍

Message 2 of 147

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for this tracker @Martin-O2, however one has been omitted.

*The post flooding error message when attempting to post emoji's whilst on PC. Not affecting posts made on mobile.

Re the security box missing? Firefox is my default browser but I have tried on Chrome and Edge and it's still missing. Windows PC.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 147

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Aren't the post flooding and the emoji post issue the same? Or does the post flooding error come up even if no emojis are in the post?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 147

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

Aren't the post flooding and the emoji post issue the same? Or does the post flooding error come up even if no emojis are in the post?

No they are different @gmarkj. I have had post flooding when taking part in Word Hunt Diamond. No emoji's involved. (when it happens, I change from capitals to lower case with the same word, then it will post!)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 147

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@gmarkj wrote:

No they are different @gmarkj. I have had post flooding when taking part in Word Hunt Diamond. No emoji's involved. (when it happens, I change from capitals to lower case with the same word, then it will post!)

Ah, fair enough @Cleoriff wasn't sure. Strange that the same error comes up with different causes...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 147

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

One thing to note, in the WHD, the Post Flooding error there usually means someone has just given the same word as the one you are trying to post - put in a different word (or lowercase the same one, as @Cleoriff says) and the post is allowed.

That is probably the only legitimate time you will see a Post Flooding warning, and it is genuine.

The whole thing about post flooding when smileys or emojis are concerned on PC really is an issue with how the forum is saving the post, probably as it tries to figure out if there is a forum emoji or a mobile one or a copy-paste one. 

Just my 0.2¢-worth.

Message 7 of 147

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gmarkj 

In fact I would say post flooding on certain pages occurs far less often than the emoji issue

I think someone indicated with PC's it was linked to Windows? I use my Windows PC on the forum all the time.

I haven't been able to post a forum emoji for a month.

Also If I capture someone's post as a reply and they have used an emoji in their post, I have to remove it, otherwise I get the post flooding message when I try to post.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 147

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Cleoriff@pgn@gmarkj@Mi-Amigo@Bambino@TallTrees We've pushed an update live that should resolve the post flooding message issue. Can you give it a test and let me know if the error occurs again. Thanks! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 147

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Testing @Martin-O2 😋

Edit: Yes, it works.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2