Did you mean: 

Community Knowledge Base: Discussion thread

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

If you want to can post any thoughts, questions, suggestions or comments you have on the Community Knowledge Base (CKB), please use this link [What content do you think is missing that might help?Thanks!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Toby I have a couple of comments and questions...

* The guides which have been produced by members for members should be reviewed on a regular basis to ensure they are factually correct and remain current.

* How long will the reviews remain in the KB? Obviously, phones and devices change frequently and it would look outdated (for want of a better word) if reviews more than a couple of years old were still available. We dont want the same situation where O2's current phones (on the old home page) were some 2-3 years out of date. I am not suggesting old reviews should be deleted, but probably archived for reference purposes.

* The new, current reviews probably should always appear at the top of the relevant section in the KB?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Cleoriff, great questions;

1. Yes, new reviews should be at the top, and hopefully as we get more devices and more phases, most current reviews/devices will be at the top too. The team can also try to ensure that any devices that are really old will be replaced with new ones to make sure of that slight_smile

2. If you or anyone else thinks a guide is outdated or could be improved, the beauty of a KB is that we can easily edit it. We can ask the author, or the team can edit it, or alternatively, separate members can also 'contribute to threads too. This is where we give permissions to edit a certain article. The best way to report any outdated content is in this thread, or by PMing a member of the community team slight_smile

I hope this helps to answer your questions!

Get involved:

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes it does answer the questions @Toby. Particularly as the guides written often rely on people coming to the forum and telling the community when something no longer works...or they have heard it has changed etc etc.

For instance the  Ways to Pay guide has been amended twice when new info was made available about additional payment methods. ....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Yes it does answer the questions @Toby. Particularly as the guides written often rely on people coming to the forum and telling the community when something no longer works...or they have heard it has changed etc etc.

This is one of the reasons that we did it @Cleoriff; Easy edits and updates to ensure guides as always useful.

Get involved:

Message 5 of 5