Did you mean: 

Chatbots - Would you or Wouldn’t you?

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

As a continuation to our recent discussions about Home Assistants and Chatbots and AI we'd like to ask you to take a minute to take part in the below poll on which situations you would be comfortable using a bot or AI. It will only take a minute and feel free to also post below with a bit more detail around your answer. wink

Please post one of the below options into your reply and let us know the reason behind your decision! 

1. Use the Bot/AI and happily leave it to complete the actions without any further checks

2. Use the Bot/AI, but follow up by checking your Account to make sure its completed the actions

3. Use the Bot/AI, but also contact and speak to a a 'Human' to make sure

4. Never use a Bot/AI, always want to speak to a Human

Thanks! 

The community team cool

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hello @Martin-O2 

At the present time I couldn't see me trusting a Bot/AI without checking.

I would also check that a human had completed an action as well/by looking at my Accounts or similar. 

1. No

2. Yes

3. No  (this is difficult so if a check online is available no need to bother a human)

4. No

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

1. Use the Bot/AI and happily leave it to complete the actions without any further checks = No

2. Use the Bot/AI, but follow up by checking your Account to make sure its completed the actions =No

3. Use the Bot/AI, but also contact and speak to a a 'Human' to make sure = Maybe

4. Never use a Bot/AI, always want to speak to a Human = Yes

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Option 2 as I've used and done this as explained in the other AI thread.

None of the ohers to be honest

Question.....are all these threads guaging opinions about the soon-to-be O2 Chatbot? Have they recycled Lucy and issued her with half a brain?

Sorry that's two questions....

Message 4 of 8

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

1. Use the Bot/AI and happily leave it to complete the actions without any further checks = never.

2. Use the Bot/AI, but follow up by checking your Account to make sure its completed the actions = never

3. Use the Bot/AI, but also contact and speak to a a 'Human' to make sure = never

4. Never use a Bot/AI, always want to speak to a Human = 100% yes.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 5 of 8

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Q1. Never

Q2. Never

Q3. Never

Q4. Always

Sorry, I'm not being lazy  but as I'm still umable to use my clipboard on my phone I can't cut/paste or copy the questions and then add my reply to each.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 6 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

1. Use the Bot/AI and happily leave it to complete the actions without any further checks

2. Use the Bot/AI, but follow up by checking your Account to make sure its completed the actions

3. Use the Bot/AI, but also contact and speak to a a 'Human' to make sure

4. Never use a Bot/AI, always want to speak to a Human

The problem with questions like this is that it is very broad - there are (probably) some things that people would be happy to use a BOT/AI for and others that would be too difficult.

For example - a simple change of tariff could be well within scope but would probably warrant a check after the event to make sure the right one has been applied.

An issue with a bill that needs some more questions being asked might need some human help with unless the BOT/AI is very knowledgeable and can infer some of the issue.

I am fairly confident (~80%) that some insurance companies use these to handle small queries, as do some shopping websites.

For myself, the answers would be as follows:

1. No
  2. Yes (where possible)
  3. Yes (if 2 not possible)
  4. Depending on the query/issue this may be required (for instance, when I had to transfer my number between contracts it took a human operative to tell me that my number hadn't transferred because my final bill had not cleared).

Edited for spelling...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 8

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks to everyone for taking part in this poll! It looks like there's a preference for not leaving a chatbot to complete the tasks without additional checks for the majority of issues. 

The poll has no closing date so if anyone else want's to contribute feel free. slight_smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 8