cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing personal greeting back to default

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, found out i posted it in wrong place

I have a nokia 6300, I recorded my own personal greeting for my voicemail, but now changed my mind and want it back to the o2 default one.

I just contacted O2 and they said i can do it throught 901 following the automated service, if i cant do it that way, restore the factory settings on my phone. I tried both ways and it is still there.

How can i do it? Please help

Thanks

Lou
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Ring 901 and press *, should get you into set up.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ring 901 and press *, should get you into set up.

i did that, but there is no option to reset it back to default or to remove the recorded message
Message 3 of 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
I have tried to find you an answer for this without any luck, try ringing CS and see if they can help, sorry. :robotsad:

Another call may get you through to an operator who knows the answer.

Good luck.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
ill give them another try thanks
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
managed to get it all sorted thanks to a nice lady at o2
Message 6 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions
Hi Louise,
Did they sort it from their end or was it something that you had to do as your query may be asked again by someone? slight_smile
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Louise,
Did they sort it from their end or was it something that you had to do as your query may be asked again by someone? slight_smile

I had to phone them, they had to reset it, unforuntely when they do it, you lose your saved text messages and your pin will be set back to default. Takes a hour to do
Message 8 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions
Thanks for that Louise. I thought it would have to be reset by O2, and so everything goes back to default and deletes the messages. Good to know slight_smile
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wasnt good for me Steve, i had to try find a way i didnt lose my messages. I couldnt join bluebook to store them on there. Now waiting for o2 to contact me about that
Message 10 of 17