cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling contract!

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 are incompetent at cancelling your contract even though you tell them 3 months in advance and send you the transcript to say they will - thats after spending an hour listening to talk about staying and asking 6 times if i want the number as pay as you go! Get it right!!!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93251 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Much better off calling with 30 days to go. I'm not even sure they can even work 3 months in advance.

Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
That's right jonsie - notice period is 30 days and as I'm sure you know, that's how the systems are set up too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 93251 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

This is why I think @Anonymous should have called rather than relying on live chat for an account based query. Three monthqs in advance would rely on someone diarising closure and advisers come and go I'm afraid. The biggest problem about outsourcing and I'm surprised the OP wasn't told to call 202.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

can't agree more!!! you can upgrade and buy more with one click, but when it comes to canelling you have to go through the longest procedure...if you are even lucky to get to speak to someone after being on hold for 30 minutes... don't think I want their pay as you go after this

Message 5 of 5