cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Even get my PAC code!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am one of many O2 loyal customers who have tried through website and over phone to order upgrade to the lovely new and long waited for iphone 5. I have not been able to access through either mechanism. Looking at other providers I am now thinking about moving on (having been a loyal customer for any years - with home broadband and phone, too). However, calling even through the 'looking to leave O2' option I'm being thrown off the system as too many callers. So, not only can I not order an upgrade through O2, I also can't get my PAC to move to another provider? 

Disappointed that O2 weren't more prepared for this - particularly through website info and access, an area where other providers have really got it right. 

My internal debate between O2 and alternative provider continues, but it's not looking good for O2 with the way they are handling this. Sorry!

O2 - can you give me some advice, please?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having the same problem, I am though not looking for iphone 5 but cancelling after completing the my contract of 2yrs with o2 seems impossible, they have time for taking call for ordering new phone or upgrade but for cancellation the line drops, and says just before that go to o2 website, thankyou for calling!
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

You may not believe it but you are lucky to get kicked off the calls. When I eventually didn't get kicked off yesterday, I was forced to listen to some crappy distorted hold music on loop (at least 3 times) for an hour and a half. 

What a waste of life it was only to be antagonised further by the staff and manager at the call centre.

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried selecting a different option to the one to leave o2 and then ask them to transfer you to retentions to cancel?  May be worth a try as the queues to other departments should not be as long.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
@ SMcK
People who get so uptight about not getting an answer NOW about a phone that hasn't even been released yet, and running to forums to say how 'angry' they are about it remind me of a little 5 year old child, who knows no better.
Clearly these people so desperate to get their order for an iPhone5 in NOW have nothing of any importance going on in their life, and seem to forget we are in the worst recession in a 100 years and maybe they should think about how they might help their neighbours instead.
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the helpful comments!

Good luck to all having issues - whatever they might be right now!

Message 6 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@ SMcK
People who get so uptight about not getting an answer NOW about a phone that hasn't even been released yet, and running to forums to say how 'angry' they are about it remind me of a little 5 year old child, who knows no better.
Clearly these people so desperate to get their order for an iPhone5 in NOW have nothing of any importance going on in their life, and seem to forget we are in the worst recession in a 100 years and maybe they should think about how they might help their neighbours instead.

How true, it's sad to see how self serving some people appear here.

After they pay a fortune for the latest gizmo I wonder how much they give to charity, or could have given if they were prepared to wait a little longer?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm also disappointed in the lack of customer service provided by o2. They were aware of the 'big release' and should have prepared for the event. Not only by ensuring they have enough staff to deal with the volume of calls, but also providing them with knowledge to assist with queries rather than guessing or fobbing clients off.
It seems whether your query is in relation to the iPhone 5 or not, you still can't get through.
This is a phone company that sell phones and call packages, why is it wrong to expect that they should be doing this???
Message 8 of 8