cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cambourne area mast maintenance

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

There is a mast maintenance in the Cambourne area and all I have is a flaky GSM coverage (no data coverage).

Since I work there this means that I am practically unable to use my phone/tablet all day.

Anybody has any idea when the maintenance is over and what compensation we will receive for the prolonged outage?

Carrying over the allowances to the next month would be a minimum that I expect...

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You need to ask CS to register you for updates http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
You can also ask them for a goodwill gesture once your maintenance is complete - they don't have to but they may give you a credit.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You need to ask CS to register you for updates http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
You can also ask them for a goodwill gesture once your maintenance is complete - they don't have to but they may give you a credit.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You would have to ring O2 when the service is restored and they may make a goodwill gesture.

Sadly there is no guarantee of continuous service.

Also there is no way of knowing how long repairs will take, but most are done quite quickly.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 won't give you a time frame I'm afraid as it all depends on land access, weather, available engineers etc
Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

And with a bank holiday weekend now on the cards.. there will be no further maintenance work going on sadly...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Double time on a BH so they're prob waiting 'till Monday to work on it wink

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Even then there's a slim chance they'll do it
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Normally gestures of goodwill are on a daily basis that you have been without service. It will be a one-off credit onto your account but allowances will not roll over. At the very best you may get a free month but as ever be polite but insistent.

Message 8 of 8