Did you mean: 

COMPLAINT - Unable to make contact

J_W
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello All,

I am writing this in order to reach out to anyone looking to raise a complaint with O2 for any part of their service through their complaint email complaintreviewservice@o2.com. Upon sending an email to this address you automatically receive a response informing you that they will be in touch "within 7 working days", I have emailed this address 6 times since the 26th of May and have not received a single response from any O2 representative via email or phone about my complaints. Please see this as a warning as O2 will not look to help deal with any complaints and will simply hope you stop requesting assistance.

Thanks

Jack

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93251 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Briseis-
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, indeed, worst service. I’ve decided to end the contract with them. 

Message 3 of 20

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Briseis- 

Your only issue with that is that Customer Service is generally mediocre across the UK mobile 'phone networks. Hence, if you go elsewhere, you might experience similar problems.

If you take a look at the community forums of the other networks, that might give you an indication of their strengths and weaknesses, and how good they are at resolving customers' difficulties.    

Message 4 of 20

mikefox99
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have I misunderstood how Resolver works?

I thought they would work with O2 to handle my complaint but it seems they have just forwarded it to O2 repeating what I had already done, viz I had sent two emails in November and a letter four weeks ago but they have not been answered. I am disputing a charge and now O2 have said they will pass my account to a debt recovery company.

I also spent 99 minutes in a Chat conversation with O2 'speaking' first to a bot then to 4 different people. When a 5th person asked me to wait while he read all the prior conversations I refused (and sent off the letter)

Message 5 of 20

Oxonian
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@mikefox99 

The "How does it work?" section on this page describes how you can use Resolver :-

About | Resolver UK

https://www.resolver.co.uk/about

Namely :-

We don't act on your behalf and we don't take control of your complaint. Instead, we’ve set out to make it as easy as possible for you to get results.

Search for a company, answer a few simple questions about your issue, and you’re off.

We create a personal case file for your issue, so you are in control and can manage everything from one place. You can add evidence, reply to a communication, track your progress or even download everything to your device.

With Resolver, you'll always know that you’re talking to the right person at the right time. You can raise a complaint to thousands of household names using Resolver. When things get tricky you can escalate it, as we also work with ombudsmen and regulators in order to help you achieve a resolution.

Message 6 of 20

mikefox99
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your explanation.

I received an email from Resolver asking 'how did your case go' which baffled me because, as I said above, I thought I would hear from them first.

So in order to tell them this I chose the option 'Send follow up email' which I realise now should have been a reply to O2

Nevertheless whatever I had written would have generated the same response from O2 which arrived a minute later, viz

"We've received your email and will look into it as soon as possible. We'll be in touch once we've assessed the matter and we aim to do this within 7 working days."

Which obviously will not happen. And I'm back to square one.

Maybe time for the ombudsman?

Message 7 of 20

Oxonian
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@mikefox99 

If you are referring to the Ombudsman, you need to get your timing right :-

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

Effectively, unless you have a deadlock letter, you have to wait eight weeks from the date of your original complaint. And, who knows, O2 might respond in the meantime ? 

Please keep us updated on developments. 

Message 8 of 20

mikefox99
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Oxonian 

Thank you for pointing this out

Message 9 of 20

Oxonian