Did you mean: 

Broken Z Flip 4 after 5 months and no reply from o2

Neddie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there

I have never posted on here before so apologies if this is repeating a thread, but I have had a very bad experience with my Z Flip 4 and it's ended up costing me over £500 because I could not get a reply from o2, despite raising a complaint.

My phone started going wrong 5 months into a 36 month contract and I contacted O2 numerous times. I was told by an o2 shop to speak to Samsung. Samsung said I had to send it to EE to be repaired otherwise it would invalidate my phone warranty, o2 said that was rubbish and taking it to EE would invalidate my contract. I was completely stuck between the 2 companies and eventually after 7 hours of calls and 3 hours in a shop, my phone broke! Well the main screen, the back screen still has life. O2 had promised me a new phone but I couldn't get back through to the Manager on Customer Services that offered it and the door step exchange. In the end I had to buy myself out of my phone contract in order to get a new phone. It cost me over £530!! O2 won't respond to the complaint. Customer Services even hung up on the Manager of the O2 store who was trying to sort it for me.

It's now with the Ombudsman, but I cannot believe o2 are just not replying!!! 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6621 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

No idea where EE came in. Samsung have their own repair network 

But we are all customers here and as it is with the ombudsman not much we can recommend 

Let us know how you get on

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23105 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@Neddie Who did you buy the phone from? Why would Samsung refuse to repair your phone if it was only 5 months old? Why didn't you have insurance for such an expensive phone? Something doesn't sound right about this.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 15

Neddie
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The approved repairer for Samsung is apparently now EE and I have that in writing from their Customer Complaints department. 

I just wondered if anyone else has had issues like this with O2 not replying.

Message 4 of 15

Neddie
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My phone was under contract and so insurance for a contracted phone breaking was not required, plus I am covered by my house insurance anyway should that be required. 

It was purchased direct from o2 as an upgrade. I have been an o2 customer for years.

Why does it not sound right? They are simply not replying to complaints is all.

Samsung have confirmed their approved repairer is EE and that is where you have to take phones. 

EE have also taken over some BT things now too.

Message 5 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6983 Solutions

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6621 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

Just because a phone is in contract does not mean it is free to repair  Samsung do offer a 2 year warranty but if your contract is 3 years the last year is your responsibility as is any repair not covered by warranty 

Apple are worse!

If you have gone through the ombudsman then O2 won't reply until they make a decision.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 15

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Neddie wrote:

I just wondered if anyone else has had issues like this with O2 not replying.

The answer to that question is undoubtedly "yes", as this forum is littered with accusations from customers of O2 ignoring them or not responding to issues and queries.   

Message 8 of 15

Oxonian
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Neddie wrote:

EE have also taken over some BT things now too.

EE and BT are now one and the same company. There is a gradual rebranding in progress which will see EE become the consumer brand for the organisation and BT become the brand that businesses and commercial customers buy from.

You can find plenty about this by Googling for something like "BT EE merger" or by looking at BT's website. 

Message 9 of 15

Oxonian
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Neddie 

I am a little confused by what you have written here. However, a couple of further thoughts come to mind. 

What have you gone to the Ombudsman for ? I assume that you are trying to recover your £530 ? 

You have got a new 'phone. But have you still got your old one ? If so, what are you going to do with it ? You mention your house insurance - will your policy pay for a repair ? If it won't, you might be able to sell it "for spares or repair" on eBay ?

Alternatively, if you want it as a spare device or to sell as a working handset, a local repairer might be an option ?  

I cannot see that you are going to recover your £530 and get your defective handset repaired under warranty. 

Please keep us updated on developments.  

Message 10 of 15