cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brains behind O2 customer service?!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

I don't know whether you may have had the same problem as my partner but all day today she has been trying to get through to up grade her phone (not for iphone5) as set out in her contract wioth O2. Well we all know it's hard enough on a normal day to get through but today is even harder due to another iPhone release which is basically the same as the previous one just a little bigger!

Well my question is this? If O2 knew the phone was coming out today why on earth did they not spend a little of that money they have and set up a seperate number or add an extra choice to the automated message, preferably being the first choice, to request that all iPhone5 customers press X so that they can direct all of these sad people off to another call centre to be served and let them wait for an hour and a half and they could have even added some form of chat room so they can all talk to each other whilst waiting for their new phone! And if they didn't go through to this other call number their call would not be dealt with, this way the customers who didn't want an iphone5 could then at least have their call dealt with without having to wait in line for an hour and a half to talk to someone who are only really interested in talking to them if it's about an iPhone!!! Any answers?

O2 if you are are out there please read this and then next time you may actually care about other customers!!!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 can't just bring in extra staff for the one week of a whole year that the iPhone causes them to be busy.  Unfortunately it means you have to wait a little longer for your upgrade to get sorted.

Message 2 of 18

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Wouldn't stop the deluge that would face retentions and people wanting their PAC as they don't want to listen to someone reading a script. They want the exact time, date and gps position of the courier at 1 second intervals. We'd all like the iphone queries to be redirected to a 404 wink Have you seen the number of posts on here about it? Its an annual event to be witnessed...

As for the upgrade, unless its specified by exact date and usually on a business contract, there is no need to renew exactly on the dot.The contract will run on at the same current tariff with the same T&C's until you give 30 days notice or indeed renew.

Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Pablo,

I'm assuming your on a break or have the afternoon off as we wouldn't want to think that your time is being wasting answering forum questions when there are customers waiting on the phone!!!!

Yes I would expect O2 to get more staff in, or out source this service to another company just like T-mobile used!!!! O2 are a multi billion pound company paying 20/30 people £6.50 an hour to sit in a call centre answer phones to collect hundreds of pounds of each customer sounds very business like to me, whilst keeping other customers happy!! You do the maths.

The problems with mobile phone companies and O2 are no exception is that they don't care about the customer only how much money they can make. For every customer that leaves they will get 10 more...If large companies spent less money on large advertising bills and invested in retaining their current customers by upping their customer service levels you will find they don't need to advertise as word of mouth is the best form of advertising so the more people that recommend the service the better!!!!

Message 4 of 18

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Depends on what other peoples definition of what good CS is. This particular thread reckons its discounts:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/What-happened-to-customer-loyalty/td-p/291596

Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

agree with you comment however when you have been tied for two years into a contract because the state of the economy dropped and operators couldn't offer an upgrade every 12 months its a bit of a nightmare....if she had phoned yesterday they would have said no phone back tomorrow so why should she wait, because they are unable to sort their on mess!!It' disgusting and a complete embarrassment that a company of this size doesn't have the capabilities to deals with a few phone calls!!

Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Itsonlyme, I may not even be at work today for all you know ;).  As for your comment about expecting O2 to staff extra people, there would be training those 20-30 extra people, arranging somewhere for them to sit, arranging system access, and joining up thier equipment with the rest of the call centres for call routing.  Oh, and then dumping them after a week because you don't need them.  Not realistic, really.

Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Then Apple Should Supply Each phone company with the staff, Theyve got like a trillion quid sittin in banks they can afford it, I HATE APPLE! Grrr. I just want a Code, and being on hold so long actually has me demented now! 

Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pablo,

I'll assume your not in management or customer service....training would take a day, have you ever used O2's customer service? I don't even work for them and I prob know more about how O2 works then they do!

Secondly work out the maths if they trained up people and could answer more calls then they would sell more phones instead of keeping people hanging on the line!!! The more phones sold equals more profit and more happy customers......you have to remeber on day one it is all hyped up, after today when the complaints about the phone and the length of time people have to hold for etc etc then people will be less likely to buy the phone especially when it is no different to their 4s etc.....which then means less sales and not as much profit!!

Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Feel free to assume :).

Message 10 of 18