Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolt on

Mo_on
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I added some data to my account as my airtime data had run out after I (riddled with anxiety) stupidly let the lady who upgraded my phone convince me to get a smaller amount of data. 
I decided to change my tariff so I wouldn’t have to purchase any of the ridiculously priced data again, I didn’t touch any of the bolt on data as I had some left over and I can’t get a refund. I do think it’s absolutely ridiculous that I’m now having to pay £30 something for data I didn’t even use. I really think this needs to be changed. So frustrating. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Mo_on 

You should have waited until the bolt on was used up before changing your tariff, but it should also have been explained to you that you would lose the bolt on when changing your tariff.

Did you do it online, in store or over the phone?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

HannyB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

something as simple as cancelling the Bolt On (so I;m not charged next month) I have to wait to speak to someone at customer services, been 20 mins on hold so far...

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@HannyB 

You don't have to cancel a data bolt on.

They are a one time payment only unless you add another one yourself.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4