Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black spot

Ericgrantham
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve been banging on about a black spot where I live in the Norwich area. I cannot use my O2 phone set home. It also affects my Tesco mobile and my smart meters on my gas and electric. Come on o2 stop saying the mast in this area has no problems, it has please get it sorted. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

We are all just customers like you on the community

You need to contact customer service as it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this
or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 4

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6613 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

@Ericgrantham 

You should be able to use WiFi Calling at home with O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

The maps are just a guide. All 4 networks are supposed to be good at my address but there is a bit of a hole roughly 500 X 500 mtrs. It's due to the lie of the land  and the placement of masts.

You probably need to consider a different network. Experiment with PAYG from the other 3

BTW I can't have a smart meter as there is definitely no signal from anybody in my meter cupboard.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 4

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5725 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Ericgrantham 

You are probably aware that Tesco Mobile utilises the O2 infrastructure, as does Sky Mobile and Giffgaff, so that is why your O2 and Tesco Mobile SIMs are suffering equally. 

I wonder if anything herein might help :- 

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

Message 4 of 4