cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday 2023 s23 deal - Anyone had it?

Beardy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Edit - This is an upgrade, not a new contract. Long time customer, two accounts, mine and my sons. Linked, I am the account holder on both. Upgrading my sons handset and paying the £60 odd that was left on the device plan.

I tried to order a Samsung Galaxy s23 on Friday 11th November and it was cancelled without notification on Monday 13th. This was after it being stuck in 'order confirmed' all weekend and never moving on to 'being processed'

I re-ordered it online yesterday after phoning my local store to confirm they had stock, and chose to pick it up from that store. But again it is stuck in 'order confirmed' and Live Chat and the sales team on the phone are asking me to wait for the confirmation email.

But the Black Friday deal ends tonight, and I'm suspecting my order will be mysteriously cancelled tomorrow morning. I asked Live Chat if it was a stock issue, or a credit check issue, or anything else but I was just told they don't know, "it's stuck" and to wait for confirmation.

Just wondering if anybody has actually received an s23 from the sale, either delivered or picked up from store, or whether its just a sheer volume of orders kind of thing that is causing o2's backend to poop itself. The lady on the sales team said she couldn't even cancel the order, so that I could go down and pay for it in store, as the guy in the store suggested when I rang them again (looking for the commission I bet :D)

Slightly frustrated, mostly just curious. Thanks all

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6280 Posts
  • 111 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Beardy 

If it doesn't work out for you, take a look at buying direct from Samsung - some good deals, trade in your old handset, pay by installments. 

Samsung also won't mess you about.   

Message 2 of 2