Did you mean: 

Bill text reminders

Demonikaii
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I followed the correct way to try to solve a problem. I looked on the forum for information about stopping text reminders for up and coming bills. These texts come late at night and wake me up. I read the info on here which said customer services can do that if you call them.

I rang customer services. The person who answered although very pleasant had such a thick accent that I struggled to understand her.

After going through a long series of security questions I was put on hold while she went to find out about my query (I'm guessing here you are put on hold while they start another users enquiry...) Eventually she came back and told me this is not possible. To say I am not happy is an understatement. I have never ever missed a bill and have been with 02 for years.  So now I have to put 02 on ignore. While I'm at it I will also set 02 on the spam list.

My contract is up in December. I will be leaving.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36638 Posts
  • 236 Topics
  • 1635 Solutions

Adjusting your phone's notification settings is probably a better way to achive this, @Demonikaii  - some info here:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/O2-idiotic-billing-alerts-at-MIDNIGHT/m-p/1714508...

Good luck!

Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23263 Posts
  • 1031 Topics
  • 3698 Solutions

@Demonikaii You wouldn't be getting monthly billing notifications in the middle of the night if you had a Direct Debit set up, which is what you're supposed to do: How can I pay my bill? (o2.co.uk)

Your bill has to be paid every month come what may, so why you just wouldn't have it come out of your account automatically instead of going through the rigmarole of paying manually every month is beyond me.

If you're still intent on leaving at the end of your contract, here's your guide: Cancelling your contract - An updated guide - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

Demonikaii
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You might want to check your facts. I pay by direct debit. I have always paid by direct debit!!!! 

At the same time near to midnight I get THREE notifications. TEXT. EMAIL. 02 app.  

It should not be allowed to happen that these texts come late at night. 

Message 4 of 6

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6836 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1529 Solutions

Lots of things shouldn't be allowed to happen but it is what it is.

This is Android, I believe Apple has similar. No late night notifications for me

1000008969.jpg

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 6

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36638 Posts
  • 236 Topics
  • 1635 Solutions

Or you can do it by app, setting notifications off in SMS app for SMS from O2UK:

1000018726.png

And in App settings for MyO2 app:

1000018727.png

And in GMail or your mail client for:

1000018728.png

That should sort it so nothing else is affected, if you live by Notifications, @Demonikaii 👍🏼

Message 6 of 6