Did you mean: 

Bill overdue

MustleaveAsap
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

I have been an o2 customer for 17 years, I have myself, my partner and 4 children with active lines. Never missed a payment until November 2023. Thought 02 were a great network and recommended to many people based on my wonderful experience. When circumstances changed I set up payment plans for my account as I fell slightly behind with my payments. Well, I couldn’t believe the issues since, my various lines get cut off despite agreeing and making my payments. Calling 202 is now the worst ever experience, I have exceeded 3 hours. The latest is now after 3 calls this week to the payment management team I’m being threatened with debt collection services. I called 202 and after an hour the call cut off and, surprise no one called back. My circumstances will change in the next 3 months, so I was wondering if I can pay off my device plans can I leave this network for good, it used to be wonderful but since the merger with virgin who are the worst company on the planet, it’s impossible to get anywhere when trying to sort out any issues. A real shame as this used to be a great network, but times have changed and I can’t take anymore.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@MustleaveAsap If you pay off your device plans you can leave with no further charges: 

Cancelling your contract - An updated guide - O2 Community

As you have multiple accounts you may have to call to pay them off.

I would also suggest that you get Pay & Go sims from the other networks to see if you get good coverage from any of them before you decide to jump ship. As bad as O2's customer service has become, if the other networks don't provide a good signal there's no point in switching. You could possibly go from bad to worse.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

MustleaveAsap
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply, I have a work issued phone that is on EE and that is fine. I did find their tariffs a bit expensive although a good network.

Message 3 of 3