Did you mean: 

Bill increase.

Heatherann56
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello all.

I took out an agreement with Virgin for an 18 months fixed rate and they said my mobile had to be transferred to 02 which was a hassle in itself. They said it would be £25 a month fixed so why is this month now £27.92 a month. Though 02 said it goes up every year when questioned I was not told this and didn't ask to go to 02. If a price is fixed it's fixed. My virgin mobile never went up when it was with virgin on a fixed rate. Simply not good enough. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Enlli
Level 64: Magistrate
  • 6137 Posts
  • 47 Topics
  • 1425 Solutions

Come up a few times on the Virgin Forum.

The information their customer services has given to Volt Customers is proving abysmal. Either they were not aware of the terms and conditions or they 'misinformed' to get a sale.

Sadly, your mobile side of the contract is with O2 who are applying their terms and conditions. Complaining to Virgin will get met with a 'nothing to do with us' attitude.

You could try Virgin's complaint procedure but that is noted for not doing anything.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122134 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@Heatherann56 

The increase will be the annual RPI (Retail Price Index) It happens every year with every company.

https://www.o2.co.uk/prices 

If you are within 14 days of start of contract, then you can cancel with no penalty.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/returning-your-device 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

Heatherann56
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This shouldn't happen if you are on a fixed price with virgin as a volt package. It never went up with virgin fixed price annually but because they shoved us aside and put the mobile side with 02 it has.I had no choice on the matter to go to 02 from virgin. 

Message 4 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9847 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 2974 Solutions

@Heatherann56 

Virgin's Customer Service has a lot to be desired, and they should tell people that you will be affected by the Annual Price Increases. 

My advice would be to lodge a formal complaint with Virgin Media for mis-selling your contract, as others have said and I have knowledge of VM's CS and Complaints are a pile of ***** and if you get through to there useless Manila Call Centre, its a world of pain....

And don't bother with VM Community, thats a waste of time for CS issues..

--
This is a customer to customer forum, and there is no o2 support on here, and we do not have access to any personal or account information,

We are all customers like you and I don't work for o2,
Message 5 of 10

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35053 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

By the way, @Heatherann56 - you'd've had the same price hike this year if you'd stayed with Virgin Mobile:

https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/annual-rpi-price-increase

Message 6 of 10

Heatherann56
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No it wouldn't of gone up as it's fixed price with virgin for 18 months. I had this fixed before and it never went up.

Message 7 of 10

madasaf1sh
  • 9847 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 2974 Solutions

@Heatherann56 

Virgin no longer do fixed priced mobile phone contracts and havent for at least 6 months, they only do it now for Broadband Deals. 
Volt is made up of one price fixed deal - Broadband and one none fixed price deal aka your o2 simcard, both have different terms and conditions and are very clear.. and you agreed to these when you signed up to volt.

If you didnt agree with these terms then you shouldn't have signed up and used the services of VMo2

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-o2?intcmpid=house_excusthp_desktop_b2_Volt_Apr22

*O2 sim: Each year your O2 mobile Airtime Plan will be increased by the Retail Price Index (RPI) rate of inflation announced in February plus 3.9%. If RPI is negative, we’ll only apply the 3.9%. You’ll see this increase on your April 2022 O2 bill onwards. Since this increase is provided for within your agreement, you will not be able to leave without paying an early termination fee as a result. See o2.co.uk/prices.

--
This is a customer to customer forum, and there is no o2 support on here, and we do not have access to any personal or account information,

Message 8 of 10

adhiren
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have the same issue as I am on a VOLT tariff through Virgin Media.  It's all strange as the non-mobile portion of my bill is staying the same but the o2 portion has gone up despite being told it would stay the same for the whole period. I filed a complaint as there's nothing else really to do.  It is very outrageous that this has happened 

Message 9 of 10

madasaf1sh
  • 9847 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 2974 Solutions

@adhiren 

1. Never trust what VM's call centres tell you, 99% of the time its wrong, and if you get to the PH Call Centre its all about getting you to sign so they will say anything, so they get commission

2. It is YOUR responsibility to check the terms and conditions of what your are agreeing to. 

And Virgin clearly state that the o2 part is not fixed and goes up every year as per annual increase. 

--

Message 10 of 10