Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Reception and data coverage

hickory
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I've just joined o2 from Voxi/Vodafone and I'm having quite a lot of issues with data and phone reception, I was recently waiting for an important call with my phone right next to me and then had a random news alert that showed I had a missed call 50 mins previous ???  and am also struggling to maintain data connection in many more places than when I was with Vodafone ?? I use my phone for basic things so am a technophobe ! Was I supposed to do something extra when I put the o2 sim in ? it seemed to work automatically. Have I missed something ??? I have an iPhone 12 mini which I'm told is 5G. Can someone help please ?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@hickory 

Your post raises several questions in my mind including :-

1. why did you leave Vodaphone/Voxi ? 

2. why did you choose O2 ? 

3. did you test O2 using a PAYG SIM before deciding that it was the network for you ? 

4. have you checked for network issues in the areas that you are having issues with the O2 signal ?

There is some guidance here that might help you :-

How can I sort out my network issues? - o2uk

Message 2 of 8

hickory
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry for the delay Oxonian, I left voxi because I Upgraded to Virginmedia Broadband + O2 sim only deal and saved money and improved my broadband significantly, I didn't test O2 with a PAYG Sim but checked their coverage map which seemed fine and naively thought its a big network what can go wrong ? I use my phone mainly at home (Maidstone) and at work (2 sites) upon checking service status 1 place is deemed "network busy in this area" and the other 2 "mast is not working as it should be" I've had this problem since the start of my contract (end of sept) Getting quite frustrated now. Tried the sim in 2 other phones and exactly the same albeit 1 not being 5G 

Message 3 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23101 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@hickory If you mainly use your phone at home and at work you can probably use WiFi calling. Your phone should be compatible: Wifi and 4G Calling explained | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 8

hickory
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just checked O2 hot spots at 1 of my work places the (Network is busy here 1) and each are 0.2 miles of where I have to be and really trying not to be Pedantic but if I have to go find an O2 hotspot to use it then the product I'm paying for is surely not fit for purpose ?

Message 5 of 8

hickory
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Also on the Coverage checker map the 3 areas I'm in 90% of the time show blue (Good indoors and outdoors)  Thanks for the help Bambino but Do you have got a phone number for customer services ? 

Message 6 of 8

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Phone no is 202 from your O2 phone or 0344 809 0202 from any other.

Do go down the WiFi Calling route as it will solve your problem at home 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 8

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@hickory 

The coverage checker maps are intended to be a guide - nothing more - but my practical experience is that they could have been compiled by J K Rowling. That goes for all four network operators, not just O2. 

You won't get anywhere with your "not fit for purpose" contention. The T&Cs that you signed up to don't guarantee you any service whatsoever, and again, that is consistent across all of the UK networks. 

Please let us know how you get on with Customer Services. If you need any more help, please ask.   

Message 8 of 8