Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIG disappointment

DisgruntledBmth
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
After a being a loyal customer for 10 years, I am disappointed with the recent service I have received from o2. I have spoken to several different customer advisors of yours and have been given different information each time I call and never speak to the same person. I was told that there was a default on my credit file for a payment back in February 2017 which should never of been on there as it was settled right away, having been a divided that this was a mistake made by your credit team, I was to send an email to the credit file referrals team to tell them the matter had been closed and this is to be removed. Having done her and being told it will take up to 48hours I waited until that time was up to find out it still has not been removed. This is effecting my credit rating and is currently preventing me from picking up my new car I was due to pick up last weekend but couldn’t because of the default left on my credit file and it effected me getting finance for the car, I have paid a deposit which I am now going to lose because over a week later I am still waiting to hear back from your credit file referrals team! To top it off one of your advisors hung up on me
Mid phone call today when I was explaining my dissatisfaction to them, I wasn’t rude or abusive towards them so it was not necessary for them to end the call! This is causing me unnecessary stress and I cannot afford to lose my deposit on the car. I have been in tears overs this because of the stress it’s causing me, I have done nothing but do everything you have asked but yet this still has not been removed. I am looking to seek legal advice because this is not professional of your team to not even acknowledge my email in the first instance, I haven’t heard anything from them at all and to be told when I ring up they there is no one I can speak to as they only deal with matters via email yet I am always put on hold so who exactly are your advisors speaking to if your credit team do not speak to people?! Also I will not being renewing my contract with you when it is due for renewal. I need this matter resolved immediately or I will take this further whether it involves legal representatives or national press or both then so be it.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122769 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@DisgruntledBmth

This isn't O2 you are talking to, It's a community forum.

I will ask one of our managers to look into this for you @Marjo @Martin-O2 @EmilieT?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DisgruntledBmth

Unfortunately it can take a couple of weeks for the credit team to look into your case

I'll tag the forum managers to see if they can help @Martin-O2 @Marjo @EmilieT

If you have a contract and you initially agree to pay via Direct Debit it is unwise to cancel the mandate yourself even when you have moved to another network as if the billing system cannot collect the final bill via this method it can record a default.

Message 3 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10130 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

It can also take upto 8 weeks for the Credit Reference agencies to update their files once o2 inform them. 

You can put a notice of dispute on your credit report, which can be done by contacting the CRA, this will cause all credit checks to be done manually. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 7

DisgruntledBmth
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you, will await to hear from them
Message 5 of 7

DisgruntledBmth
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you, will await to hear from the managers
Message 6 of 7

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @DisgruntledBmth, and sorry to hear you've had some difficulties getting this resolved - I'd gladly get someoen to look into this for you so I'll send you a Private Message on the forum shortly to get a few more details slight_smile

Thanks @Cleoriff, @Anonymous and @madasaf1sh for the mentions and advice!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7