Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch issues

DrPiano
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have had a very annoying time over the past 13 days while trying to activate the eSim for my Apple Watch, which has resulted in me returning it to the Apple Store today so I don’t forgo the 14-day return. I’ve spoken to at least 10 different O2 gurus who were unable to solve the problem. First of all, I had the infamous reference code 88 error, which was sorted by day 5, but then, mysteriously after working for a day, cellular data stopped working after receiving another random activation text. I then received a “not in use” error under cellular data, and upon trying to re-pair the Watch, got a “reference code 10” error.

Whenever I rang up, or tweeted O2, I was given a specific day on which to expect a response or resolution. A number of times, I didn’t get any updates. As a customer of the best part of a decade, I think this is very poor service on O2’s part, and I’ve already stated my intention of moving over to one of their rivals when I can afford to pay off my contract.

I have a few questions really: 1) Why do O2 promise support for the Apple Watch when they are simply unable to deliver it for some people 2) Why am I being quoted absurd termination fees to my contract when they are not fulfilling their obligations? 3) Why can they not just be straight with people, telling them that in fact they might not call when they promise, as they have no idea what is going on?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Perhas admin can take some more details from you and feed this back to support.

@Martin-O2   @EmilieT   @Marjo ?

Message 2 of 6

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @DrPiano, and sorry to hear you've had such a disappointing experience and returned your Apple Watch. Should you decide to get one again and encounter any difficulties, let us know here and we'll get our gurus on the case for you slight_smile

For now I'd really like to pass on your feedback to Customer Service, I'll however need a few more details to make sure we can find the interactions you're referring to. I'll send you a Private Message shortly to get the info I'd need to escalate this on my end!

Thanks for the mention as well @jonsie thumbsup

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 6

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Did you ge tth ewatch directly from O2 or from an Apple Store?

Message 4 of 6

W12ANT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m an o2 business customer and o2 have been poor. I have just wasted £700 because of o2
Message 5 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Why?
If you don't like it, or it doesn't do what you thought, send it back.
It still works fine as a smart watch, just no cellular connection...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 6