cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Airtime Plan disconnected without giving notice.

Lukasz2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So…

…I went to O2 shop to cancel my mobile contact after paying off the device as I no longer needed but wanted to keep the number so I asked to have it transferred to another contact that I intended to use. All went well. I was told that I will have to reconnect my Apple Watch contract as it was linked together and that number transfer might take up to 48 hours. It actually took maybe 12 for this to happen and I that’s it. Then all of a sudden, five days later I have received via post a Notice of enforcement and Termination of Credit Agreement with 14 to pay outstanding balance of £834.08!!! After almost 2 hours and talking to 5 different advisers who barely spoke English I finally find out that my Apple Watch Airtime Plan was cancelled! I have never requested this to happen. Apparently it is because it was linked to my mobile phone contact that I have cancelled. I have tried desperately to have it reversed and even went back to the same O2 store just to be sent away with piece of paper with hand written complaints review email address. I have since email my complaint and nothing happened. No reply, no acknowledgment of my email even. This is ridiculous that I have to keep a mobile contact and pay monthly for it despite the fact I don’t use it only so I can keep Apple Watch contract that I have to pay separately for. What is going on??? Any attempt of contacting O2 ending with a chat to someone in a abroad call centre that can’t help. 
is there any way that I can speak to someone competent to discuss a solution? Help please.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Lukasz2 

Clause 8 of the T&C's 

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/watch-airtime-plan-terms

If you or O2 cancel the Paired iPhone Airtime Plan then your Watch Airtime Plan will be disconnected and, if applicable, you will also need to repay any Device Plans for your Apple Watch and Paired iPhone in full. You will receive debt collection letters for all relevant unpaid elements.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Sounds like a right mess @Lukasz2 

I'll mention the community advisors who might be able to unravel everything...

Can you see if you can help @O2Sarah- @O2nath_ci @O2Ryan ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 7

Lukasz2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Huge thanks. 🤞

Message 4 of 7

Lukasz2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update. Just received a call from O2 abroad call centre telling me that they had a meeting and discussed my situation and I can purchase another Apple Watch Air Time and that’s it cause unfortunately I can’t be reconnected and they will be more than happy to sell me one. I already bought one yesterday and asked what will happen now with my Credit Agreement just to be told that my device is paid off in full and I have nothing to pay. When I mentioned that I’m holding the notice of termination in my hand asking for payment within 14 days I heard…. 
….silence. 
Then “thank you for calling O2 customer service. Good bye. Pleas hung up” !!!!

What is going on?

Message 5 of 7

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Just going to tag @O2Sarah- one more time here. Maybe they can shed some light about what's going on on the account side.

Message 6 of 7

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Breanna  😀

@Lukasz2 I will send you a private message so we can look into this

Message 7 of 7