cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appaulling customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been a customer with yourselves for a number of years and have 4 contracts currently running with you. My phone is due for an upgrade and I went into one of your stores today to ask about this and said that I have been online and seen a contract for the Galaxy S6 and could get a contract through O2 with a free handset, unlimited minutes and texts and 2 gig of data at £37.50 per month. Your advisor told me the cheapest you could do it for was £44! At no point did he even bother asking any of my account details or ask me for any other information at all. It is clear from this that you have no level of loyalty to your customers and you will be losing all 4 of my contracts. Thanks for nothing O2!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

No such thing as loyalty you're just an account number, you need to go where you can get the best deal.

Online deals are often cheaper.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You might get a deal if your call 202 and tell them you are thinking of leaving.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are all customers like you. Go where you like, loyalty is non existent these days, it's a fair deal for new & existing customers to have the same as everyone else.

You could try independents such as CPW but you will get subsidiesd handsets but you will be locked into a standard 24 month contract & will have no perks of refresh such as upgrading whenever you want to pay off the plan as refresh is only available through O2 directly.

There maybe hidden costs such as insurance
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the exact same thing happen to me today!

Message 5 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Then the replies to the first post apply to you as well.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 11

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 stores can't match online deals, call 202 and choose the option for leaving o2,you will get through to retentions and more than likely get a deal to stay. 

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

My 3 month old Xperia Z3 developed an aerial fault.

First customer service person put the phone down on me when I asked what she was going to do to help me as I required the phone for my work.......Second male service advisor put the phone down on me when I asked him for his name before even going into my problem....disgusted with O2 service

I'll be leaving O2 when my contract is up.

Had to buy another smart phone while the O2 shop (very good service) sent my phone away for repair.

Oh...and another thing...my old Iphone 4 back screen was smashed and O2 repair servce said couldn't repair it and I could buy a new phone for £430....I took it to my local eastern european phone booth and they fixed it AND gave me a new phone case all for £20.

I'm sooooooo looking forward to leaving O2....

Message 8 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You've already posted this in another thread.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 11

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions