cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An unfamiliar caller at 20:47hrs - I ask you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

At 20:47hrs I get a call from an unfamiliar mobile number ... I'd say an Indian or a Pakistani voice asking confidently 'Can I speak to Jane?' ... I softly / steadily say 'Who are you?' ... male caller speaks very fast making it unintelligible to me ... therefore ... I say over his voice 'I'm not interested, I'm tired & unwell, thank you for calling, goodnight'

I was attempting to be polite but firm ... then ... I blocked the number

What a time to call anyone on the phone

I fear for my mum if she were called on the phone at this time of night ... however ... I'd like to think I've taught her that 'they are after your money' ... I've been somewhat bluntly speaking with my mum to get the message across as she was att generally upset by these type of calls

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123476 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

You did right blocking the number Jane.

Remember if it was from India they are on a completely different time zone to us hence the late call.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

MI5
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27886 Solutions
It;s 2 in the morning there now so late for them too!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Remember if it was from India they are on a completely different time zone to us hence the late call.

Thank you @Cleoriff ... I hadn't thought about the time zone difference ... however ... upon thinking about it a bit = it's not very professional of them is it? Shirty

I do think about people who are vulnerable to this type of sharp practice slight_frown

Message 4 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 123476 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

Yes well.... maybe doing a night shift!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
It;s 2 in the morning there now so late for them too!

Well @MI5 I don't know quite what to say about that info ... do these type of practices work around the clock? 

As the saying goes 'It's 5 o' clock somewhere' ... it isn't funny though is it?

Message 6 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 123476 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Thank you @Cleoriff ... I hadn't thought about the time zone difference ... however ... upon thinking about it a bit = it's not very professional of them is it? Shirty

I do think about people who are vulnerable to this type of sharp practice slight_frown

There's nothing professional about them Jane. They are just scum trying to get something from you. I never engage in conversation at all. Just put the phone down on them

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27886 Solutions
If you still had Truecaller installed it would have told you who was calling.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, @MI5 Truecaller was installed on my previous mobile, now at the bottom of the canal, & I hadn't thought to install it to my current Xperia L1 ... thank you, I shall do it tomorrow as it's rather late for me to do anything techie today 

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 I've just installed Truecaller & it now shows in red Beneficial Scum under that telephone number!

It will be useful to me in the future I'm sure

Thanks to @Cleoriff & @MI5 for helping me late at night yesterday 

Message 10 of 13