cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After 12 years, cya O2 :/

Anonymous
Not applicable
Been due an upgrade for about 3 years but never did as I wasn't interested in anything over iPhone 4 till now

The HTC one appears and I want it but out if the blue, I receive a call that due to my "loyaly", o2 wants to give me a deal.....so the deal on the table with the one and the advisor then notes that the one is pre order but the minute it comes in stock he will call.

So, yesterday.....stock arrives, no call.

Today, no call. So I called and get the same adviser.

After some fairly obvious bluffing, he tells me no stock and again, he will call me.

Curiously, I contact new sales to see the score and was offered an HTC one in the post today on a new contract. They didn't know I was with them already.

I went back to the upgrade team adviser and told him this......his reply? "Well why don't you go and do that then"

Perplexed, I ask..."so to get this phone now, I should cancel my current o2 contract and take out a new o2 contract?"

His reply "yes, can I he'll you with anything else?"

What an utterly pathetic show of respect for loyalty.

PAC code duly received. Goodbye o2.

Andy
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
They don't do loyalty anymore, everyone gets the same deal whether you are a new or existing customer. It's called fair
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

You have your PAC code & your going elsewhere, O2 wont miss you as there are plenty of others joining up daily.

We are all just account numbers to O2.

One person leaves & another person replaces you, the cycle continues.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Jinjur,

Im sorry to read that 02 have dropped the ball with your upgrade, and you've now decided to move networks.

Im sure your aware this does happen with most of the networks with handset availability, so its down to how the customer service agent deals with you at the time and how they resolve the issue.

Manners and an apology cost nothing but mean a lot to most people.

As your moving network now ensure your new network provides good network and 3g and soon to be 4g signal where you reside and work.

Take care.
Message 4 of 4