cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A guide to O2 Refresh

Anonymous
Not applicable
How does the Refresh plan work?

Your tariff is split into two plans, the first part is your Device Plan.

This is the cost of the device or handset you have chosen, the cost of the phone or tablet will be a set amount each month which will cover the entire cost of your chosen device spread over 24 months. You can then choose to continue paying the device plan every month all the way through the 24 month.

If you want a new handset or device at any point throughout your minimum term then all you have to do to upgrade is to pay off the remainder of the total cost of your handset or device in full then you can choose a new device & tariff of your choosing then you will start a new 24 month cycle.

If you are new to O2 refresh then you will need a Consumer Credit Agreement (CCA) to make sure there are no issues but if you are upgrading from an existing refresh tariff or you have used speed to refresh then you won't need a new credit check, they will just update your tariff on their systems.

Once you've paid off the device it's yours to do with as you wish & your bill automatically halves which means you will only be paying the airtime plan.

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/upgrades/o2-refresh-explained

our second plan is call the Airtime Plan

This is a set amount each month that you pay for a certain allowance of minutes, texts & data. These vary in different amounts according to how much your plan is.

Again if you are a new O2 refresh customer you will need a separate Consumer Credit Agreement (CCA)

You cannot downgrade your tariff unless you complete your minimum term or upgrade by paying your device plan off. You can then choose to upgrade or if you wish to walk away. Just pay off your device plan then you are free to go with what you want

Speed To Refresh

Sometimes in your myo2 in your upgrades options you may be eligible for this particular option. This gives you the option of getting on to refresh quickly either by paying a fee with 25% discount or £0.00

http://static.o2.co.uk/www/docs/termsandconditions/device-plan-cca-tcs-updated-with-new-phone-number...

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/archive/mobile/o2-refresh-phone-plan-and-term-and-conditions

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/speed-to-refresh

You can only get O2 Refresh online, over the phone or in one of your local O2 stores

This is my first draft, please comment
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As someone who hasn't got a Refresh Plan this seems quite comprehensive and appears to cover all that is required.

Two points though.

1) The statement about the 'bill being halved'. Is this correct? I know the advert says so... but there seems to have been a real debate about the truth of this?

2) A little confused at this section where you state "our second plan is call the Airtime Plan"

Should that read the second part of the Refresh tariff is the Airtime plan (as it stands it looks as if there are two plans, instead of two parts of the same plan)

Other than that...a good job...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Very good review but I would add the standard o2 small print that it is only "63% of O2 Refresh customers that save 50% or more."
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

In this paragraph it should be a "credit check" not a CCA.

"If you are new to O2 refresh then you will need a Consumer Credit Agreement (CCA) to make sure there are no issues but if you are upgrading from an existing refresh tariff or you have used speed to refresh then you won't need a new credit check, they will just update your tariff on their systems."

and I think it occurs again further down.

Very good job, well done. 

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree the 'our second plan is call the Airtime Plan' should be changed -  it reads as if the guide is written by O2 which may confuse some people on a customer run forum - otherwise top notch!

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you all, maybe @Toby could take all your comments & add the edits because I don't seem to have the edit option
Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousToby will open the post for you to edit if you request it?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7