Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

98.30Mbps. Nearly there.

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Well I've been doing some more mast testing and tonight I've got a great 98.30Mbps. I tried and tried to get 100+ even jumping up and down but couldn't just make it. 

IMG_9400.JPG

I will find a mast at 100Mbps lol. 

But on another note. I've done a bit of driving this evening for about 2 hours lol and I can say that round the countryside where I live the o2 elves have been very busy. I got 4G in nearly all but 3 places, 2 of them were 3G and one went to gprs. Now the one place that went to gprs about month ago had no signal at all. I mean it's never had signals from any networks.

Tonight though on one side of the street 3 bars gprs on the other side 4G all be it 1 bar. But it was still 4-5Mpbs on 4G download compared to never having nothing. 

The places that have 3G had gprs last time I was there and the places that all now have 4G. Well 50% had gprs or poor 3G. 

I know now that there is another main mast due to be upgraded soon which I will then test. But I can honestly say o2 are really doing this upgrade properly and really going for everything. I know of Vodafone masts have totally been upgraded with o2 producing 2,3 and 4G but Vodafone showing 3 and 4G only.

its the first time tonight as well that I saw gprs on my phone for ages where I live and every where I go.

more testing I will do this year when I'm out and about. But if o2 are going like they are doing I can see there is currently no stopping them now. They really are going for massive 2G, 3G and 4G coverage. 

👍😀

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144405 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Good effort wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122948 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@darrengfWhere were you when you got the above result? Pretty good wherever it was...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 15

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Just a mast in Rotherham.  It's just been updated I think, as I've never seen these speeds before.  Its very well populated there as well.

im wondering if on a early morning or very late at night it would be even faster.  But it's good to see These speeds

Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 4 of 15

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10180 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions
Its not the mast that serves the Capita and Next complexes is it?

Might have to do some testing in Sheffield...
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 15

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@darrengf so close to 100mbps! I reckon you would get there in the early hours when there are less people online. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 15

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@jonsie I know. I'm sure residents on street tho may call police saying there was a mad man on the loose lol. 

@madasaf1sh The mast is the one at Boston Park behind Carlton Park Hotel near Rotherham hospital. 

Been doing testing In and round Sheffield. Get some good speeds. It nothing like this

IMG_9403.JPG

Message 9 of 15

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10180 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions
The fastest ive gotten in sheffield is 62.23Mbps Down, 15.29 Up..

Think that was in S12 so nowhere the city centre.

I use the OpenSignal App, to do speedtests and then provides a crowdsourced coverage map as well.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 10 of 15