Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asghannnn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi!
I just found out today from EE customer service about a number 7726.
I got in contact with them since one of their numbers was sending phishing text messages and they asked me to forward it to 7726 which is a free service for reporting scam messages.
Now I feel that this number is not well advertised - considering how many scams are recently circulating text messages.
If people would be well aware of this number perhaps amount of scams would decrease.

Maybe send it as a welcome message for new customers, or post it on sim important numbers - there could be a way to help fight this crimewave even as a si.ple customer.

Any opinion?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It;s a well known number here on the community and we advise literally hundreds of customers who have been receiving spam messages about payment details

It's the same number for all the networks and thank you for posting abpout this

The more people that see it the better

Message 2 of 5

DrLucasDacat
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does )2 act on it though? I keep reporting scam numbers and and keep receiving texts from them (unless I block them) so I wonder if it's just a bot replying to the reports but nothing else happens after

Message 3 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@DrLucasDacat 

Yes o2 and all the networks act on them, but lets remember most threat actors use fake numbers and PAYG sims to send out these texts, and most of the threat actors are outside of the UK, and use platforms that are on the dark web, so things take time, and when you involve the police and SFA then it can take a long time to close them down and remove them.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6249 Posts
  • 47 Topics
  • 1433 Solutions

Another number is 159. I didn't know about it until informed by my bank

https://stopscamsuk.org.uk/159

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 5