Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g SIM swap

Ribbo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Got cold called to update phone and upgrade contract, both at least 4 years old. So went with it new contract £32/month and Galaxy 5G all arrived Saturday with 5g sim built phone from old one all ok, then did the SIM swap and nothing. Rang Sunday and got told they have problems engineers all flat out to resolve will be ok in 4 hours. It’s now 09:20 Monday no phone just a expensive pseudo iPad. Customer services gave me a load of bill at 8:00 then I informed them what I knew from Sunday then started waffling. Gave them til noon then it’s off to Vodaphone in Ashton under Lyne and will be online within the hour. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

It's a known issue that is being worked on @Ribbo 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Ribbo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why oh why did they allow 100s of people to do the sim swap over the weekend when they knew they had a major incident I’ve been informed today that it could be Friday before I can use my phone. They should have disabled the sim swap service the minute the incident occurred 

Message 3 of 5

Dissappointed
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same issue.  Reported early Saturday morning daughter’s iPhone stolen in Spain, earlier that morning.  Called into UK store later that morning for replacement SIM.  Inserted into old 6S on Sunday but to make or receive calls.  Numerous calls to customer services (in Cape Town) who constantly assured issue escalated to IT and known problem, and will be fixed within 24-48 hours.  I can see 4 bars and that phone is connected to network (?), the call centre can see the IMEI of the 6S (I asked them), but now Thursday, 5 days later, and still not possible to receive or make calls.  I have supplie payasyougo SIM in 6S for daughter, now back in UK and moved swapped SIM to old SE.  Can’t even sign In with Apple ID to payasyougo phone, because a verification code keeps being sent to the number that isn’t working.  But that’s an Apple problem, so may have to make trip to Apple store.  Nightmare!

Message 4 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

You might need to get the bars applied to the old sim removed @Dissappointed - these were put in place to disable the old sim but will need taking off the account so the new sim will work.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 5