Did you mean: 

4G coverage getting worse

Mister_Scruff
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there

I’ve noticed over the last few months, that my phone (iPhone 11) is severely lacking in 4G coverage. This wasn’t a problem until the introduction of 5G (I don’t have a 5G contract) but now my phone rarely receives 4G and sometimes even struggles to get 3G. It’s severely impacting my browsing which in turn affects the speed that I can do my work. 

I live in CF72 and as stated, this is a fairly recent occurrence. I stream a lot of music and radio whilst I’m driving and it’s now frustratingly stop/start whereas previously I could listen for several hours without interruption. 

My somewhat naive question is - is this just a ruse to try and get me to upgrade to a 5G contract or just a failure on O2’s part to maintain coverage in my area? I’m paying £70 or so a month for my device/tariff plan and it’s not currently worth the money. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Mister_Scruff There is no specific 5G contract. If you have a 5G phone with a 5G sim and are in an area where 5G is available you get 5G. If you're not in an area where 5G is enabled your signal will default to the strongest one it receives.

Take a look at this link and see if there are any issues in your area: How can I sort out my network issues? - o2uk

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 2