Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Signal in Manchester City Centre

laurenvontrapp
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is this still a constant problem for O2 users? and when should we expect a fix for this?

I'm only new to O2 having changed from EE as I was told O2 was a much stronger signal, and as I work in the city, 90% of the time I can never use my phone unless i'm on my work wifi or at home. To be honest I'm not a fan of paying £53 a month for a phone plan that hardly ever works properly in use, but still manages to eat all my data to 0gb to then have to pay money to add more on! it's ridiculous.

When can we expect a fix for this? as based off the community posts this has been ongoing for months now.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144671 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

The community has no idea if or when o2 are going to address the capacity issues.
All you can do is keep reporting the issue through customer service or by downloading the MyNetwork app.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network 

You can also use Resolver to make a complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 123114 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@laurenvontrappO2 will never give timescales for mast repairs or new mast developments.

You can check signal status and report issues via the My Network app https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Or you can make a complaint https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I know it's fine to say this with hindsight but you may have fared better had you tried a few other network sims in your phone first. At least you would have known which one gave the best signal....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 15

MI5
  • 144671 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
This post may be of interest to you though https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-wins-largest-spectrum-share-in-latest-auction/m-p/1117...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 15

Skyhawk1010
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 150 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Now that O2 have finally acquired a large chunk of 4G spectrum, relief is certainly on its way. The vast majority of the issue here was lack of bandwidth, which has now been rectified with a vengance. 

As to when and with which handsets, I don’t know and is a subject of one of my own questions.

But I’m delighted O2 have gone for it and can see the ‘promised land’ in sight.

Message 5 of 15

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

So many questions that will only be answered in time. Manchester will be more than likely to be at the back of the queue... 

Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
@laurenvntrapp I face the same excperience, anything close to M1 and M4 is just non usable.
I’ve been to a store and been asked to change from 4G to 3G (might work in other areas, but Manchester masts are literally in full use that this doesn’t work either).
What phone do you use? Soon band 40 LTE 2300 will be available, and we might have good news...
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
@jonsie why Manchester will be at the back of the queue? Bid dense city and full of O2 customers and O2 stores all around.
After London probably Manchester is the next city so I really don’t understand your coment, can you explain please slight_smile thanks!
Message 8 of 15

packages
Level 1: Joiner
  • 26 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Manchester wont be getting this boost soon due to Vodafone hosting the Machester Area.

Remember the East-West divide. There’s a reason why O2 have announced those certain cities to get this boost first.

Still great news for o2 customers though.
Message 9 of 15

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymouswrote:
@jonsiewhy Manchester will be at the back of the queue? Bid dense city and full of O2 customers and O2 stores all around.
After London probably Manchester is the next city so I really don’t understand your coment, can you explain please slight_smile thanks!

It was a joke mate not a point of fact. Most people on here know my dry wit and I tend to forget some can take it out of context. 

However, when 4G was launched by O2, London, Leeds, Birmingham, Liverpool all got 4G before Manchester (which by the way, I consider to be the Capital City) That IS a fact.....So that is the basis of my opinion. ...now we all wait 😉

Message 10 of 15