Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G performance is no so bad O2 is unusable for me

Rilot
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On 4G or 5G it’s fine. That’s all well and good but I’m in a 3G area. The network performance is so bad that my devices are unusable. It never used to be like this.

I’ve got both an iPhone 14 Pro and an iPad Mini on O2 and both are almost unusable on 3G. We’re talking web pages taking minutes to load, podcasts stop streaming, maps don’t load. 
This doesn’t seem to be related to my local mast either. I was on the M4 around Swindon a few days ago and was unable to transfer any data at all on 3G on either device. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6784 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1519 Solutions

I'm puzzled. The M4 round Swindon is usually good 4G. With some 5G in Swindon itself.

I don't know where you are when you say you are in a 3G area, so can't comment.

O2 haven't told us their policy on 3G. There will be no Vodafone 3G by the end of this year and EE and 3 by the end of next. However, I wouldn't be surprised if O2 was moving some 3G bandwidth over to 4G I doubt 3G takes priority now.

At the end of the day, if O2 is not right for you then moving may be your only answer

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 2