cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

18+ Block

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to set up my phone to access a premium rate service and keep getting the 18+ blocking message. ####, I'm THIRTY!!!!????
I do not have a credit card (bad credit), and don't see why i should have to take time out of my day and spend petrol money to go to a store. Customer service tel is closed overnight.
How do i remove this instantly?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Use a credit card (which you can't) or go to store when you're next in town.
There is a reason for this, it would defeat the object of having it if it could just easily be removed instantly.
Message 2 of 13

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Nearly all the phone operators are using this now, it might seem to be a pain, but you should only have to register as over 18 once.
If you buy a phone for a child it means they're automatically protected.
Without a credit card or going into an O2 shop, I don't know of any other way of doing it.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's ridiculous. It should be open and then parents have to opt in/ choose to use the service on their kids phones. I'm now wasting time waiting for them to open so i can use MY phone how i like.
Thanks for the answer tho *thumbs up*
Anyone know a way around this to unblock instantly?
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
it would defeat the object of having it if it could just easily be removed instantly.

Not my concern.
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
it would defeat the object of having it if it could just easily be removed instantly.

Not my concern.

No need to be rude.
There is definitely no other way of removing the 18+ block instantly, it has to be done with a credit card. Customer services can request for it to be removed but it takes up to 48 hours.
Message 6 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not my concern.

No need to be rude.
There is definitely no other way of removing the 18+ block instantly, it has to be done with a credit card. Customer services can request for it to be removed but it takes up to 48 hours.

O2 could if they wanted. Other providers offer a third method of removal. They will do an ID check with a credit agency. This is almost instaneous and costs the customer nothing.
You'll notice that O2Chris never did respond properly to the concerns expressed in previous threads about Bango's involvement and multiple charging of customers. (Especially when the 'adult' filter seems to randomly block perfectly normal sites)
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's ridiculous. It should be open and then parents have to opt in/ choose to use the service on their kids phones. I'm now wasting time waiting for them to open so i can use MY phone how i like.
Thanks for the answer tho *thumbs up*
Anyone know a way around this to unblock instantly?

Are we talking pay as you go?
Seeing as an 11-year-old can go into a newsagents and buy a sim card without any kind of ID checks - and no registration is needed - how do you suggest O2 verify a customer's age remotely?
Message 9 of 13

rubywoo
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't see why it has to be done with a credit card.  Why can't it be done with a debit card?

Message 10 of 13