Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 Taking the P

Big_DawgJT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On a scale of 1-100 how much higher than 100 would u go to mark how abso ****** O2 is as a company? I think if 100 is as bad as a company can be then there must be some imbalance in space/time that has allowed O2 to be above and beyond the top mark of 100 for their abso ******ness.

I have been with 02 since the BT Cellnet days and used to sing their praises but they are continually getting worse for customer care and customer services.
I have had a 'new' phone for about a year and have always struggled to send a text with an emoji or 2. I tried to Google the problem and sort it without any O2 help as anytime over the passed few years ive had to deal with them it has been a nightmare. As you may have guessed i did not solve my problem the best 'advice' i got was from O2 community and it was text X to 83201 and thatll sort it....only ever says this though, (typing exactly as i recieve it) 'Sorry we?re busy right now. Plaese try again later. You have not been charged for this message' I eventually bit the bullet and tried to contact O2 Cs team, O2 make this as hard as possible to find a live chat online option and if u phone them they genuinely say 'You COULD hold on BUT you are in a queue which CAN take UP TO 30 mins'.  Find the live chat option, answer a few questions then immediately get a pre scripted copy n paste response and cut off with no further help other than links to FAQ pages. FML!
Finally get through by phone and thats more helpful though the condescending tone from the CS rep i could have done without.
To my actual problem now, to send 1 emoji is equal to 75 text charcaters, a text is only 160 charcaters long so if i send 2 emojis with a soace between them and after them i cant even type 'i love you' ....Wtf is the point in this i thought? It was then explained the text would be coverted automatically to a MMS then i would be charged as my plan doesnt have MMS included.....Holy ******! What an abso c*nt move perserving 

It is apparently impossible to set text settings so a longer message will just send as 2 texts ifemojis are included within the message.
Does anyone know if this is accurate or know a work round?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Big_DawgJT 

It's a fact that emoji's eat up your text character count, which is why a lot of people now use Whatsapp or Messenger, where emoji's cost nothing to send.

More info here Guide: Accidental MMS Sending and How to Avoid it 

Edited to add, this isn't just O2. Every network is exactly the same.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

Can't figure out if I've understood this as the expletives get in the way of an otherwise well structured rant wink

However, you can send upto 3 text messages (480 characters) before it converts to an MMS so 2 emojis and I Love You would not be an MMS.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3