cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 Liverpool down and all customers are oblivious

Anonymous
Not applicable

As an 02 customer I have had previous issues re internet and attempting to top-up however now I am currently dealing with no internet in the central liverpool area, which is a city centre and having been informed by 02 staff that it is a mast "upgrade" they can neither provide a time frame for resolution nor recompense for 2 days internet-less as a result of issues at their end.

Please note I pay two £30 tarifs a month, I presumed I paid for good internet service and honest advice.

I ask anyone else on 02 have you had any further advice on this topic and/or response from 02 as to a time frame or the real issue that caused the mast "upgrade".

Not impressed by the lack of communication also, no email (i can still access wi-fi), texts, calls to notify me and my colleagues/friends re this error.

Can anyone help!?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous you need to keep checking here http://status.o2.co.uk/ and also download my network app http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

By the way if the network is down for a prolonged time you may wish to make a complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Cleoriff but I can't download anything at the moment until wi-fi home access expected after 6:00pm.

May try the latter or just pray for the best..

Message 4 of 18

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sadly we don't know (just customers like yourself) and O2 never know themselves either.
Registering for updates as mentioned above is the only way to find out anything.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 18

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

o2 won't give a timescale I'm afraid. As for upgrade o2 already have good 4G in Liverpool. However there is a mast down and they will fix it as soon as possible.

Live results for L1

• Sorry a phone mast close to you isn't working

Sorry, there’s a mast near you that isn’t fully working and we’re waiting for our 3rd party supplier to visit the site to fix the problem. Your service may be intermittent for calls, using the internet, or sending/receiving messages in this area during this time.  

Updated 14:30 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

•  
  •  
    Normal coverage for Voice, text and email (2G)
    Making calls, sending texts, using email on your phone.
    Good indoors and outdoors.
  •  
    Normal coverage for Mobile internet and voice (3G)
    Fast networking. For smartphones, dongles and tablets.
    Good indoors and outdoors. Good for mobile broadband.
  •  
    Normal coverage for Mobile Internet (4G)
    Seamless connectivity and mobile internet.
    Good indoors and outdoors. Good for mobile broadband.
Message 6 of 18

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Well yes, there is 4g in L1 but not that you'd notice.
Best I've ever seen is 0.7mbps and that's not at busy times of the day either!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 18

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5 I appreciate the customers will not know what is happening however being told a mast is "down" then being "upgraded" provides a differing opinion as if works were expected again surely 02 in their wisdom would have notified customers of the area, of which I am sure there will be a list/database if not linked to said mast. Also I appreciate the staff at 02 may not directly know however someone does and that information is not being passed on properly or professionally. Like a less funny version of Chinese whispers.

Message 9 of 18

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Like I said mate - they never give timescales or tell customers anything.
I agree they should do better, but they never will imho.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 18