Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call diversion

wendy6
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have call diversion on my landline on my business monthly bill but I can't find out how to set it up.  Does anyone have experience of this?  I am following the instructions on the website but it just says "This service is not available" - does it have to be activated by o2?  I had already rung Customer Support but they were clueless

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123394 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@wendy6 

Info re call diverts is in this guide Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

Hope that helps

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

wendy6
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, but the info in this guide re call diversion gives the same instructions i was following "Divert calls when there is no reply
To activate ** 61 * phone number * 11 * no seconds# SEND"

I am assuming the "SEND" button is the call button that you press to make a call, since I don't have a SEND button on my handset

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 145098 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@wendy6 

What are you actually trying to divert from and too?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 11

wendy6
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's very simple.  According to my landline bill I pay for call diversion.  But I have never used it.  I now want to use it to divert unanswered calls to another number, either mobile or landline.  The O2 support agent confirmed that I could do that and gave me some instructions - *61*numbertodivertto#  This didn't work so I Googled (couldn't find any info on call diversion on the O2 site) and found the instructions I pasted above, that Cleoriff also gave me.  None of these works - I get the message "This service is not available, please hang up".  I guess I will have to query this with O2 again. But I just thought somebody here might have used this feature and could help me. 

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 145098 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@wendy6 

Who is your landline provider? You need to ask them.

This isn't an issue with your mobile.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 145098 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

For example @wendy6 

If you have a BT landline:

To divert your calls, follow these instructions on the telephone line you want to divert from:

• To divert all calls dial: *21*(phone number you want to divert to)#
  • To divert any calls you don't manage to answer within 15 seconds dial: *61*(phone number you want to divert to)#
  • To divert calls when your phone is engaged dial: *67*(phone number you want to divert to)#

An announcement will tell you that you've set it up successfully.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 11

wendy6
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 but as i said in my original posting, my landline is part of my O2 package i.e. O2 is my provider.  The instructions you give above for a BT phone were the same instructions that the agent gave me after rummaging around - I don't know where he found them from because they weren't the same as the instructions I found from O2 online (see above). None of these instructions have worked.

Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 145098 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@wendy6 

Is it a business account your landline is on?

I've not come across this before but looking on Google the process for diverting from a landline is the same for all providers.

I'll tag @Marjo and @LukasB to see if they can get any insight for you.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 9 of 11

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks for tagging us @MI5 . Yeah landline is only offered on Business accounts. I'm not familiar with this issue myself at all though I'm afraid, but happy to check if I can find anything out internally @wendy6 and get you some further info!

Message 10 of 11