Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xiaomi Mi 10

Feargal
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. has anyone managed to get wifi calling  /4G calling working on a Xiaomi Mi 10? I have just ordered the handset direct from Xiaomi but thinking i may now cancel as Mi 10 not on the official O2 list of wifi calling supported handsets although i am not sure if that is because the list is not updated.I have seen that the OPPO X2 Lite is on the o2 list and i can get this handset from John Lewis at a decent price..anyone using any of these 2 handsets on o2 /wifi calling?  I always have the option of paying £125 for the Boostbox but prefer using a compatible handset if possible.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Feargal If you opt for a phone that isn't on the official list you run the risk of not being able to use WiFi calling. Best to stick with a phone that is approved by O2 for that use.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Feargal 

The only Xiaomi device currently on O2's list of supported devices is the Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 5G.

So as @Bambino  says, you should choose one which is.

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling 

Also, you are only eligible for a boost box if you are a business customer.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 12

Feargal
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am a business customer.Even if i went for oppo x2 lite no gaurantee wifi calling would work as small print says handset must have been purchased directly from o2 altthough i do not recall o2 ever selling the oppo x2 lite .Think i will go for the oppo x2 lite and if it does not work then argue my case for boostbox.I  would like to know if the official list is up to date though,

Message 4 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Feargal 

It usually is, however the person who will know more is @Chris_K from the social media team. He will be on tomorrow. thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 12

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey @Feargal 

So, I do have some info I'd like to share but it's one of those will it / won't it scenarios where we don't actually know the answer to this... Let me explain...

Our policy is that every 5G device we range at O2 must support Wifi and 4G Calling. No support = no range. To our Community regulars, this was something interesting I found out while checking into this one that I haven't shared before, so should help with any future similar queries where the device is 5G compatible and has come from O2.

That being said, we did check with Xiaomi who confirmed to us that the Mi 10 should have the Wifi and 4G Calling feature enabled, but as this wasn't a device ever sold by O2, the device hasn't had any official O2 testing or accreditation so we can't confirm 100% either way. It might work and if it does, then fantastic, but if it doesn't work, this is unfortunately not something we'd be able to support further with.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @Chris_K 

So it might...or might not? rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Predictable....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 12

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

So it might...or might not? rofl

Yep... A toss of the coin... Roll of the dice... 50/50.

@Feargal I know this doesn't make a decision any easier but unfortunately when it comes to devices purchased elsewhere, that O2 hasn't tested or accredited, some functionality like this is an unknown.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 9 of 12

Feargal
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for all the replies

I have decided to go for the Oppo Find X2 Lite model as o2 state it supports  wifi /4G calling and no asterix above model number so i presume does not need to have been bought from o2 ( i purchased from John Lewis )

Message 10 of 12