Did you mean: 

Retrieving voicemail from abroad, outside Europe

Mattc38
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. 

I have added the World travel package and phone works fine, but I cannot listen to my voicemail. 901 and other short numbers do not work and I do not know the voicemail PIN.

O2 unable to help me, hopefully someone in the Community can.

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36030 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

Depending on where you are, the short codes for interacting with Voicemail Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 may not work. The guide shows another number you can use, if you have enabled your PIN in Voicemail prior to leaving the UK.

Not sure what you mean by World travel package, but shall assume you mean either O2 Travel or O2 (or Volt) Travel Inclusive (different products despite the similar names) bolt-on(s).

The only catch with leaving Voicemail active is any unanswered call to you when travelling gets sent back to your Voicemail in the UK, resulting in either a £6 daily charge applied for using O2 Travel that day, or, if in a country with no roaming partner (as shown here https://www.o2.co.uk/international/using-your-phone-abroad ), triggering an exorbitant per-minute standard charge.

Advice for future travel is to disable voicemail as highlighted in the guide shared above *before* you leave the UK - saving in unnecessary expense when your phone hairpins unanswered calls back into your Voicemail. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36030 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

Depending on where you are, the short codes for interacting with Voicemail Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 may not work. The guide shows another number you can use, if you have enabled your PIN in Voicemail prior to leaving the UK.

Not sure what you mean by World travel package, but shall assume you mean either O2 Travel or O2 (or Volt) Travel Inclusive (different products despite the similar names) bolt-on(s).

The only catch with leaving Voicemail active is any unanswered call to you when travelling gets sent back to your Voicemail in the UK, resulting in either a £6 daily charge applied for using O2 Travel that day, or, if in a country with no roaming partner (as shown here https://www.o2.co.uk/international/using-your-phone-abroad ), triggering an exorbitant per-minute standard charge.

Advice for future travel is to disable voicemail as highlighted in the guide shared above *before* you leave the UK - saving in unnecessary expense when your phone hairpins unanswered calls back into your Voicemail. Good luck!

Message 2 of 2