Did you mean: 

Reporting on Inbound Calls

bigbangbongo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have an O2 business account and number. I need to report on all inbound calls i.e. all inbound calls received on the number. The reporting, all of it, only seems to default to numbers dialled, not numbers received? There's no obvious way to run a report which includes BOTH, let alone one which runs only on INBOUND/RECEIVED.

This is a legal issue and matter so I'd appreciate a quick and easy way to get this done. Of course, O2 phone support was as useful as calling a hammer.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123341 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@bigbangbongo 

Sorry we have no access to any accounts so you have to persevere with O2. Ring 8002 or 0800 977 7337

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

bigbangbongo
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the prompt reply, but:

1. Is there any way via the reporting within the business portal where I can report on inbound only calls?
  2. Can the O2 call centre run this report for me?

The last person I spoke to said they couldn't do it legally (lol). It's my data and my phone number of an account I own for numbers that called me. Surely this is possible.

Message 3 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 123341 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@bigbangbongo 

You see, the problem here is that we are all customers like you and can't access your accounts.

We can only give you the information on who to call/contact

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 13

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10275 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@bigbangbongo 

It cant be done by either the portal or via the call centre. 

And they are correct this cant be done with out a court order , and this applies across all UK Networks...

And if its a legal issue then your Solicitor should already know this, and should be able to apply to the courts for this information.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 13

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6776 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

Can you not extract the information from your phone log. Mine gives date number and duration and go back to Nov 2017.

OK, it may be time consuming but quicker than applying for a court order

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 13

bigbangbongo
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I didn't ask anyone to access my accounts. I asked if/how it can be done.

Message 7 of 13

bigbangbongo
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The phone was reset after a cracked screen. Before I knew I needed the phone call log for legal reasons. I am gobsmacked why when someone calls MY number, that data / log is not easily accessible?

Message 8 of 13

bigbangbongo
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is incorrect. There's no legal protection for requesting your own phone numbers' inbound call log. Where / what made you believe this to not be the case? My phone number is an extension of my data, all inbound calls are of my own privacy - that data belongs to me. No court order is required for requesting data that belongs to me. Very odd that O2 does not allow a user to generate inbound logs from their own phone number!

Message 9 of 13

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36426 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

@bigbangbongo As explained above, calls to your phone are not part of "your" data that O2 are able to provide - as explained here:

1000012431.png

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/how-to-get-a-copy-of-the-information-we-store-about-yo...

So unless a forensics service can extract this info from your phone, despite its having been reset as the result of a cracked screen, you have no chance of getting hold of numbers that called you without a Court Order being made directly to O2. 

And this is a customer forum blah blah, everybody provides information to the best of their ability to requests from other customers based on their recollection of similar questions asked by others in a similar situation.

Good luck!

Message 10 of 13