Did you mean: 

Mis sold contract by Aerial! Please help

Niki9
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

my mum was contacted by Aerial an O2 partner as they describe themselves and talked her into swapping her normal account to theirs as it was a good deal.  She agreed and lost all service, internet access and 4G so called them and was advised she had a business account?  She works in a hospice part time due to being semi retired and has never owned a business.  She contacted them on Monday and stated she wanted to cancel as she was not told it was a business account and has never been sent any contract and terms and conditions, it’s within 14 days.  She’s being messed about hugely, she called them Monday and the person she spoke to was not able to cancel the contract due to it needing to be a manger so some one will call her, which they did Wednesday and said again that they weren’t able to cancel it either and it needs to be someone else. So a 3rd person called her today and tried to give her offers which she refused and stated again she wants to cancel, they said they’ll need to look into it and get back to her! 
she has now got another O2 personal contract set up and is technically having to pay for both which is ridiculous.  She’s now considering cancelling the O2 one as she can’t afford both. 

What can we do to get Aerial to terminate the contract? Who do I complain to? 

thank you 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23105 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@Niki9 This is sadly not the first time we've heard of issues with this despicable company. They are, in fact, one of O2's so-called 'trusted partners'. Haven't a clue as to why that is.

Your best option might be to contact Resolver, who are an independent complaints service. We're all customers here, so I'm sorry to say that's the best advice on offer: O2 - Your Service | Resolver UK

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Niki9 

Have you though of contacting you local council's trading standards department ?  

I don't know if they will help you, but if your mum was misled into buying something, it might be worth a try. 

Message 3 of 3