Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMEI Barred INCORRECTLY

BigLee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please help. I am trying to get a device working with Vodafone and going round in circles. I am having trouble using a vodafone business sim in a mobile device... The sim is fine as works OK in another handset. In fact the sim works fine in sim 1 slot of the handset I am using, however will not work in sim slot 2?? Just connects to Vodafone network and then I get a MM message saying Sim not allowed.
The IMEI of the device in Sim Slot 2 I want to use it with was barred by O2/Daisy Comms accidently, but they say they have lifted the barr, as confirmed by them Friday 07th August.
The handset is my personal one, bought outright and never reported lost or stolen. They have basically registered it in error. Reseller is Daisy and they say they O2 have lifted barr and indeed some of the online IMEI check tools say it is now clean. (It was blacklisted last week)
However some still report Blacklisted. 

If I use Vodafone sim in slot 1 and Virgin media sim in slot 2 everything works, but that is not how I want to use it. Daisy barring my IMEI has caused me hours if not days of grief. So it appears the replication of the barring Database hasnt filtered around perhaps? How long does it take? It is nearly a week.
So do I just have to wait? If so how long and can anyone from O2 confirm they only list in it one Barring database or do they have to do something differet to get Vodafone to realise the barr has been removed.

Appreciate any input anyone can give.  I obviously have the IMEI numbers of both sim slots if anyone has to check anything. 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

BigLee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update - message from Vodafone. "I appreciate you've told me that O2 have advised they have lifted the bar, but have they separately removed the device from their blacklist? When we get a report of a device being lost/stole, we apply a bar and blacklist the device upon the customers request. They may have removed the bar, but the device might still be blacklisted".  Can anyone check for me. Daisy the reseller are saying they have done everything their end and I am reluctant to spend another 2 hours on the phone getting through to them. 

Thanks in anticipation. 

Message 2 of 18

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10200 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@BigLee

It is the responisbility of Daisy Comms to ensure the Bar is lifted, o2 will only lift what Daisy ask them to do.

Have you spoken to Vodafone as its upto them to release your device, you may be asked to proved ownership... (which you have done)

The best and only database to check is CheckMend ( https://www.checkmend.com/uk/)Cost is £1.99

edited to update comments.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 18

BigLee
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Daisy have advised all Blacklistings has been lifted. But obviously not !!!!   I dont know what is left.  yes I have spoken to Vodafone many times and they cannot help (so they say ). I just dont knwo who to shout at next.  All I know is I have an expensive handset I cant use with Vodafone the way I want to, cos Daisy and O2 between them have barred something they never should have and whatever they have done to lift the bar hasn't worked.  Thanks for the info re best database to check.   Been using free ones as doesnt seem fair that I have to pay for something that was not my fault, but I may and show evidence to Daisy/O2 if they havent lifted everything. 

Message 4 of 18

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12080 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
Will mention the o2 gurus to see if they can help.
Any ideas @O2Jayne or @O2Angela?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 18

O2Jayne
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for the tag 

as this is a business account customer would need to contact business customer services

signature
Message 6 of 18

gmarkj
  • 12080 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
It's not a business account, the phone has been barred by the business side in error and needs the bar/lock removing.
Would that still need to be processed by them @O2Jayne?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 7 of 18

O2Jayne
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for the tag .

daisy communications is mentioned in the post . i spoke to business who adv either themselves or daisy communications can unbar handset.

signature
Message 8 of 18

gmarkj
  • 12080 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
Have you got any contacts that would be able to confirm the bar being removed as the poster has said they have been told it has but is still having the same problems @O2Jayne?

Message 9 of 18

O2Jayne
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for the tag 

do you have any imei number.

signature
Message 10 of 18