Did you mean: 

Forward calls from my 02 business mobile number to my VOIP service phone number

NiallBradley
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I run a business and have always used just one 02 mobile number for all inbound and outbound calls. As the business has grown, I now cannot handle all calls on one mobile. We also operate from a number of locations and moving the phone around has become cumbersome. 

I have looked into VOIP services such as RingCentral, Aircall and the likes. Some services do allow you to port your mobile number across which would negate the need to continue with 02.

I should mention that I want to keep the mobile number as we get a lot of repeat business and all of our customers come through word of mouth.

However, the most well-known and established provider is RingCentral. This company do not allow you to port your number across. Porting means you can transfer your number across and use it as part of the service. 

What I was thinking I could do is use Ring Central and get a new landline number with their service. I could then keep my existing 02 Business mobile plan going and forward all of the calls from my 02 mobile number to my new VOIP number provided by RingCentral. RingCentral have confirmed that this will work.

Will I be able to forward all my 02 mobile calls to the new VOIP number? I have a package with unlimited minutes, would I incur any additional charges from forwarding all of the calls to a VOIP phone system number. Bear in mind we probably receive about 5000 minutes of calls per month.

Kind regards,

Niall

Ho

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10157 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3007 Solutions

@NiallBradley 

You can indeed forward the calls onto Ring Central, but I would just give 8002 a ring, and just check the FUP for inbound and outbound calls. 

Also make sure you are getting a local DDI for the landline and not either an 0800 number (as you will pay for your incoming calls ) the same for an 03xx number. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10157 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3007 Solutions

@NiallBradley 

You can indeed forward the calls onto Ring Central, but I would just give 8002 a ring, and just check the FUP for inbound and outbound calls. 

Also make sure you are getting a local DDI for the landline and not either an 0800 number (as you will pay for your incoming calls ) the same for an 03xx number. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 2