Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit

Cavell
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I switched over to a business account in May 202 and in doing so provided a direct debit mandate.

On the 6th june I received a message from O2 saying that payment for our latest bill couldn't be processed? I am unsure why and presumed they had entered detail incorrectly, so I used the link provided and submitted our details again.

Friday (12th June) I received a text message stating that my bill had not been paid and I will be cut off unless i call them. I call them but no one is dealing with these calls right now and it hangs up on me. 

I have raised tickets with O2 through the 'My O2 Business Account' but my phone being cut off right now couldn't be more damaging and I seem to be in an endless cycle where the Direct Debit Manadate seems to have gone wrong, I can't contact anyone to make a payment and to make it worse I have found out that O2 are not trying to charge me for a direct debit opt-out fee of £2.50, which will need to be removed from our bill, because clearly thats not the case!.

Can anyone help with this because I am getting seriously frustrated as the level of service is really poor. I understand and sympathise about the current crisis, but to have nothing, no service at all seems absurd!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Cavell 

There are numerous numbers for O2 in this guide. Try any or all even though you are a Business customer

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

0800 587 4005 is the best one to try

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Martin-O2 @LukasB @Marjo 

I suspect your help may be required here ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

Cavell
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I will try that number soon, but honestly I do not have a day to waste trying to contact o2.

I have raised 2 tickets with them through my O2 Business, which are stuck in pending.

I read the guide you had in the link as well and this highlighted scam numbers to change your details, the text I received on the 6th came from a different number (07585913008) is this a recognised O2 Number?

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Cavell 

O2 never text from a mobile number so I would change your passwords and security question immediately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

Cavell
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How do I Change my login details etc?

Also i provided my bank details for the direct debit, so I will notify my bank too.

thanks

Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Cavell 

Click on forgotten password and you will be emailed a link to reset it.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

Cavell
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you.

I have changed the password and our security question now.

I think our phone may have been cloned, as our bill for June has a cost for voicecalls which is strange as we are on an unlimited plan, so would suggest calls abroad or premium that we've not called.

I am now trying to speak to someone about fraud. Fingers crossed O2 actually answer this phone call.

Thanks

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Best of luck

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Morning @Cavell , sorry to hear about the issues you've been having. 😞 Reporting it to Fraud is the best thing to do if you notice any suspicious activity on your O2 account so they can investigate. Let us know how you get on with this one.

Message 10 of 10