Did you mean: 

unlocking phone

julia
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I am absolutely desperate. I am in the process of moving to EE from O2. I have asked for the PAC code which I got 4 days ago but have still not received the unlock code ( 2 days ago requested) . i need a phone for health reasons and have been without for 5 days now. Please help. I need the Apple 6s unlocking.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @julia, sorry to hear that you're having some difficulties getting your phone unlocked confused We have a very useful Community Guide that outlines all the unlocking process steps, did you follow them already?

In many cases we've looked into as well, the device was already unlocked so it's worth trying a non-O2 Sim in the device as @MI5 suggested. Once the non-O2 SIM is in the phone, connect to WiFi, go to Settings > General > About and enter your Apple ID and password.

Please do check the above and if it's still not working do let us know and we'll have a closer look! slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@julia Have you called customer service again? @EmilieT might be able to help 

Message 2 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Try your new SIM anyway as sometimes the phones are unlocked but the customer doesn't get notified..
You don't receive a code for iPhones either, it's all done on the server.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @julia, sorry to hear that you're having some difficulties getting your phone unlocked confused We have a very useful Community Guide that outlines all the unlocking process steps, did you follow them already?

In many cases we've looked into as well, the device was already unlocked so it's worth trying a non-O2 Sim in the device as @MI5 suggested. Once the non-O2 SIM is in the phone, connect to WiFi, go to Settings > General > About and enter your Apple ID and password.

Please do check the above and if it's still not working do let us know and we'll have a closer look! slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 4 of 11

julia
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I rang 02 and asked for a PAC code which I got 3 days later. I also rang to get my phone unlocked and they put my request in. I’ve since tried filling in a form online but o2 doesn’t recognise my number anymore. I rang this morning on my daughter,s  phone and they said that the phone would take another 7 or 8 days to unlock. 

Because of health issues I can’t be without a phone and this is causing a lot of stress for me. I then went to a local o2 shop and decided to buy a pay as you go for an old phone. I bought a £20 top up but the guy in the shop couldn’t get the phone working. He then suggested that I put the PAYGsim in the iPhone that I m trying to get unlocked. I got home and then realised that o2 could then charge me for unlocking a PAYG ( I’ve since taken sim out and not used the PAYG . I feel like banging my head against a brick wall and cancelling all the rest of my family’s 02contracts.

please help.

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's free to unlock any phone so you won't be charged at all.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 11

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for the update, @julia! I'll send you a Private Message now to get some more details, and see if we can help speed things up on our end slight_smile

signature

Message 7 of 11

julia
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hey,
I’m unlocked thanks to you Emilie!!
Thank you so much ❤️
Message 8 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Great news @julia wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Fantastic, thanks for the update @julia and have a good weekend! slight_smile

signature

Message 10 of 11