cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

signal in cyprus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all my partner has been in Cyprus for the last 7 days and her Internet has worked fine.. she has woken up today and nothing works at all.. no Facebook no Internet and also WhatsApp does not connect.. she has spoken to customer services who have said there is nothing wrong with her account. We are stuck?? Can anyone help please?
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
Is this on wifi or mobile data?
Either way the data connection has failed so it may be you need to speak to the wifi provider or try and find out if the local network has a problem?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's on mobile data.. other people on 02 have no issues?
Message 3 of 31

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
It's not o2 in cyprus though. Ask her to try manually selecting a different network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 31

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
Does she use the O2 Travel bolt on?

Currently using:
Message 5 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah she asked for it to be added to her account a week before she left
Message 6 of 31

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Possibly try a manual network selection if o2 say there is nothing wrong with the account. Choosing a different network might be the answer.?

Message 7 of 31

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
OK so it shouldn't have hit any payment caps, but worth checking in her My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I'd try the manual network selection first though.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK thanks will let you know how she gets on.. she can be a little slow aha
Message 9 of 31

MI5
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
Manually selecting a different network usually fixes it, that's why I mentioned it early on in the thread.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 31