cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

major problems with o2 recycle

Anonymous
Not applicable
Imagine my horror when I sent away a mint condition iPhone 5s to o2 recycle (with the promise of £135) only to be told that the phone I have sent has 'heavy damage' and I would be offered £27!! Knowing this was certainly not the case with the phone i sent, i phone o2 recycle to share my concerns only to be told that a common problem with iPhone is that the battery can swell due to the change in temperature at the warehouse and this has probably happened!! Surely given that this is through no fault of mine I will still be offered my £135!!! No apparently not. I am offered for my (apparently now broken) phone to be returned to me!!! This is an absolute joke. The only conclusion I can come to is that the damage has occurred in the warehouse or my phone has been mixed up with someone else's. I am getting nowhere with o2 recycle staff. Anyone any experience of this or any advice on how to take this further?
Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous sadly this isn't the first time we have heard of this problem with O2 recycle. We advise people to take photos of every part of the device and include it in with the phone parcel (A copy of pics kept for yourself)

It is a sorry state of affairs but as you have no proof of the state of the phone I cannot see O2 recycle paying out on their offer...

You have to keep pushing to get this phone back. I would also make a complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous sadly this isn't the first time we have heard of this problem with O2 recycle. We advise people to take photos of every part of the device and include it in with the phone parcel (A copy of pics kept for yourself)

It is a sorry state of affairs but as you have no proof of the state of the phone I cannot see O2 recycle paying out on their offer...

You have to keep pushing to get this phone back. I would also make a complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 14

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Get it back off the scammers and visit game with a print out of cex price with ID and you'll get 5% more than cex and only half hour wait while they checkmend it (to test it's not nicked) and you're laughing.
Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Check the IMEI when you get phone back to ensure it's your phone that gets returned too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats bonkers. Ive only ever heard of Samsung S4 having bulging batterys & how does a warehouse cause it

Message 5 of 14

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It doesn't cause it's a lie !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I think the problem is going to be that O2 recycle now have to send back a bulging battery damaged phone. If they don't it makes them out to be liars. How then, is the OP going to be able to get any reasonable amount of money from another recycling company, if the phone is damaged?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There's a chance they have a phone meeting that description but I'm not sure it will be the same one the OP sent in.......

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Either they send a different phone back or tamper with the OP iphone
Message 9 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Hopefully, as you have suggested, the OP will be able to check the IMEI of the phone that gets returned to see if it's the same phone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 14