cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost 3g /access to safari on phon e ( iphone4s)

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello, briefly i left o2 BB to avoid sky, Virgin after a month say i cannot b e connected tyo fibre optic - cos my neighbourrefuses access to his pavement  to fit cable. Hence no internet. using a dongle at moment.

however  i am unable to access safari on my mobile - friend told me even without internet i should be able to dio this.  the 3g sign has disappeared. i can get email on phine but not reply.

the email is not a problem ,just very frustrated unable to use safari/apps etc 

anyone able to help 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can use Bt infinities fibre optic service. I don't have cables laid either. Bt install a modem which then connects to fibre optic at your exchange. I attain 38mb download and 9 upload this way.

Ref your 3G on your phone.

Try removing the sim and cleaning it.

Also
Check the mast status in your area as one may be undergoing repair or service.

http://status.o2.co.uk/

Getting a replacement sim may help.

If your phone is going into 2g then your gonna experience slow to useless Internet connection.

Lastly your phone itself may be at fault.
Ensure your software is up to date.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

help 

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not very au fait with this kind of problem, when Adam Temp appears he's most likely to be able to advise.  But try this just in case it works:

In settings General have you got cellular on?  In the menu that appears when you press cellular is enable 3G on? 

Then click on cellular data network in that page and try reset settings at the bottom of that page.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks - unable to find cellular // but according to settings 3g is enabled ,but still no 3g and safari stil saying unable to connect toserver. nearly two hours going through various help - Guru busy !vso may have to give up for tonighgt
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can use Bt infinities fibre optic service. I don't have cables laid either. Bt install a modem which then connects to fibre optic at your exchange. I attain 38mb download and 9 upload this way.

Ref your 3G on your phone.

Try removing the sim and cleaning it.

Also
Check the mast status in your area as one may be undergoing repair or service.

http://status.o2.co.uk/

Getting a replacement sim may help.

If your phone is going into 2g then your gonna experience slow to useless Internet connection.

Lastly your phone itself may be at fault.
Ensure your software is up to date.
Message 5 of 5