cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone pre-sale credt check

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all hope you're all well - ooooh my first question!

Do you need to take anything along to do the pre-credit check instore? like utiliy bills or passport or so?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Some people are saying that they are no longer pre vetting people but if you pop down to your o2 store take a utility bill /passport just as proof.... always be prepared! slight_smile
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
i went in with a bank card and my my brain, thats all u need, they said bout checking address, but just said yeah ok with out even looking at my driving licence.
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all hope you're all well - ooooh my first question!
Do you need to take anything along to do the pre-credit check instore? like utiliy bills or passport or so?
Thanks!

Take your plastic... Visa or Debit card will be fine... like the previous poster said, I would also take proof of address if your not a current customer i.e. utility bill or drivers license
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
great, thanks. will take my passport and credit card bill along. The lady in my local store told me they'd be doing pre-reg from the fourth, didn't say they would guarantee one though unfortunately 😞 Smiley Mad
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
whooooops and debit card!
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Stores are saying they had a memo today saying they had to stop pre checks, and making list.

This could be down to stopping people registering in several places...
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
freakin' hell...this is really narking me now. I hadn't heard that but wish there was just a unified message coming out of these guys. Can't be that hard? Though I appreciate this has been said already several times by you guys.
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
wish there was just a unified message coming out of these guys.

I believe there is one unified official message and that is that the phone will be available on the 11th.

Anything else is just hearsay and wishful thinking. There should not be any expectation that any credit checking or ordering will be available before that date. Expectations of this may have been fuelled by misguided store employees, however until there is an official statement via the website or mass messaging, the only thing any of us have any legitimate right to be expecting is that you will be able to buy or order the phone from the 11th.

Obviously it would be nice if some of the process can happen in advance and it would certainly help the sales go through smoothly, however nothing like that has been guaranteed (in the UK, anyway, and you shouldn't expect that procedures used in one country have to apply to others).

The best approach is to assume that you will not be able to do anything until the 11th (that is the official launch day, after all). If they set up anything for advance checking and/or ordering, then treat it as a bonus.

Let's just sit back, sip our milk, nibble on our cookies, and wait and see what happens.

Now, can someone give me a hand down off this soapbox?
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you say cookies.....
Message 10 of 10