cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello everyone i was wondering if anyone knows how much would it be to get iphone 6 screen fix on contract 

many thanks 

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

If you have no insurance that covers it apple is the way to go to maintain any warranty that is left as per the link above remember if you book an apple genius appointment in store it is a bit cheaper as no postage £7.44 cheaper.

If out of warranty then you can seek other options that may be cheaper but without the support of apple

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous Pretty expensive, according to this link: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/iphone/repair/screen-damage

O2's repairers do not have a good reputation. I would imagine that in the case of an iPhone they'd probably just send it to Apple anyway. Best to deal with Apple directly. There are High Street repairers that you can Google, but you'd have to be very wary of them with such an expensive phone.

Edit: @adamtemp64 is an iPhone user, so I have tagged him as he may know more.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

If you have no insurance that covers it apple is the way to go to maintain any warranty that is left as per the link above remember if you book an apple genius appointment in store it is a bit cheaper as no postage £7.44 cheaper.

If out of warranty then you can seek other options that may be cheaper but without the support of apple

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank u so much. 

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
thank u
Message 5 of 8

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

it is a complex process to replace the screen on a 6 have a look here for a guide on doing it yourself https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone+6+Front+Panel+Replacement/31738 the parts are not cheap also https://eustore.ifixit.com/en/Parts/iPhone-Parts/iPhone-6/ so apples offering is not too bad

Apple Watch series 4

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just had an issue with my touch sensor on the phone and they knew straight away the screen had been replaced. The broken screen may or may not have contributed to the problem but as apple replaced it (at my expense) it took the ability to blame a 3rd party repairer for the sensor fault

A few quid saved on a cheaper repair may cost you a lot in the long run

I'd personally stick with apple for a screen replacement.
Message 7 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Apple just replace with refurbished phones and not actually change the screen on your own phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8