cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone apps

Anonymous
Not applicable
does anybody know what size in mb games etc are for the phone? I know games will vary in size but are they going to be 5mb or closer to 300mb each??

Also can you download them on your computer then put them on the phone and then remove them again once you've played it but at a later stage put it back on?

If you download a game over the 3G network, will it also get stored on your computer when you sync it again??

This might be a big deciding factor for people to see if they are going to get the 8gb or the 16gb phone.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apps store will work like itunes does at the moment. On the guided tour video he does say that you can buy apps on your pc or mac via itunes and sync them across to the iphone. I think it will also work the other way too just like Apple TV does at the moment. It will be upto you to back it up this way incase you loose your iphone or it is stolen
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
No one knows the size of the App's yet

Yes they will sync to your computer when you sync with iTunes

Personnally heading for the white 16gb iPhone, I just apple and its white things, I have 2 mac books, a imac, airport basestation and apple TV so I love the whole white apple stuff (sad I know)
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
According to the keynote apps and games below 10mb could be downloaded to the phone and then yes they would be syncd to your computer. I believe once they are on your computer you will be able to put them on and take them off your phone as often as you like as is the case with most stuff on itunes.

As for the size of some games I don't know, It wouldn't suprise me to see apps in excess of 100mb
I have the 8gb 2g Iphone and I would like to get the 16gb 3g handset for this reason

Hope this helps
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
No one knows the size of the App's yet
Yes they will sync to your computer when you sync with iTunes
Personnally heading for the white 16gb iPhone, I just apple and its white things, I have 2 mac books, a imac, airport basestation and apple TV so I love the whole white apple stuff (sad I know)

Very sad.... Ippyboi stands infront of all his macs so no one can see grin
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
No sad, im a self confessed mac head and love it. I have converted my 60 year old parents to one and a few other people I work with. Even use my mac at work now, and customers are impressed and think im a proper software consultant, even use SAP on it and they are like WOW i want one. I should get shares in Apple, still wouldn't be possible without the employee purchase scheme from Apple.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wonder when apple tv will get a software update.... mines almost full having downloaded stuff off the american itunes ... need to clean it up a bit
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah a nice update to that would be good. Same here, have a US account for the films and especially the HD ones, in D 5.1 is really good quality.

G
Message 8 of 8