cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6s doesn't receive calls or SMS when connected to wifi unless change to 2G

Anonymous
Not applicable

when I am at home and connected to wifi I can only receive SMS and calls intermittently. To resolve this I have to change from 3/4G to 2G then I can receive and send SMS and calls without problem. But then when I go out have to reset my phone to use 3/4G to do the same and use the Internet. It's snooping, to have such a modern phone and having to manually change settings. I've ha star phone since October and the problem only became apparent in December, so I don't know what had changed. I've tried various resets, including a complete factory reset, and it will work for a short while, then the problem comes back. O2 guru couldn't really help, any suggestions?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Check if there is any maintenance work or faults ongoing in your area http://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Check if there is any maintenance work or faults ongoing in your area http://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions
Message 3 of 8

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Probably work being done, or a fault on your local mast. Cant you use wifi at home? I would report this to customer services on 202
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Curr946 If you had read the OP post properly then you would see that they use their home wifi.

@Anonymous you could use tugo over your wifi

Message 5 of 8

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Ah yeah. So could be a software bug on the phone.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you are contract then TuGo would be your temporary answer. Download the My Network app and report the problem through the app.

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Curr946 wrote:
Ah yeah. So could be a software bug on the phone.

Nope it's connected problem to the network mast, nothing to do with software 

Message 8 of 8