cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6S O2 Wifi Hotspot Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been raised already, just require a bit of assistance if possible.

I recently upgraded from a 5 to a 6S. When i had my 5, i created accounts for a number of public wifi spots to save data, as i'm sure we all do. Whenever i went to locations with my 5, it connected automaticall, no issues. All my data and passwords were transferred to my 6S upon upgrade. When i go to these same location now, at the top of my homepage it shows that i am connected to the wifi, as it does in the settings tab. However, when i open a browser, all i get is ""Safari cannot open the page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server". It is growing hugely frustrating. When going into other public hotspots that i have not had a previous account with, i get the pop up when i open Safari asking me to sign up/login. But not with hotspots i already have an account with???

One friend suggested i reset my network settings - done and no different. One said i should get the O2 wifi app, set up an account on that ad then i'm good to go - done and no different.

Can anyone offer eny help? Anything i can do from my end?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Try this workaround.
Connect to the wifi and open the browser. Enter 1.0.0.0 in the URL bar and it will force the browser to the home page of the Hotspot.
Now in the top left it will say "Hello" and your name (or whatever you entered when you signed up). Bellow it is a small link that says "Not you?" If you press this you will see a message that clicking OK will remove the device from O2 wifi. Press ok and the device will be deleted from O2 wifi. Now if you dont see the sign up page just enter 1.0.0.0 again in the URL bar and you can sign up to that O2 wifi hotspot again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Isn't the iPhone 6s covered by O2 wifi extra?
Could be a conflict with 2 setups for the same hotshot.
Message 2 of 13

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Hotspot even.
Message 3 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Hotspot even.

Yes but hotshot sounds far more exciting Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Have you tried deleting the connection and logging on again?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes i have tried deleting and re-connecting. 

Again, no pup up screen requesting log in details and no internet access under the hotspot.

Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Try this workaround.
Connect to the wifi and open the browser. Enter 1.0.0.0 in the URL bar and it will force the browser to the home page of the Hotspot.
Now in the top left it will say "Hello" and your name (or whatever you entered when you signed up). Bellow it is a small link that says "Not you?" If you press this you will see a message that clicking OK will remove the device from O2 wifi. Press ok and the device will be deleted from O2 wifi. Now if you dont see the sign up page just enter 1.0.0.0 again in the URL bar and you can sign up to that O2 wifi hotspot again.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much!

I will try this this evening and re-post tomorrow.

Very much appreciated.

Message 8 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Try this workaround.

*coughs*...Very interesting @MI5. I am sure it will work but I have no idea what you are on about. tongue Never mind....I live to learn....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 13

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 10 of 13